Do you store music on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Rob9874, Mar 27, 2012.

1. Rob9874 macrumors 6502

I just got my first iPad this weekend, 64GB new iPad. I have a 64GB iPhone, which I use as my MP3 player. I mirrored my music library on my iPad, but feel I could use the capacity for something else, as anywhere I take my iPad, I'll have my iPhone. Not sure I would use the iPad for listening to music. Do you?

2. Zcott macrumors 68020

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Gotta store it somewhere amirite?

Can I get a raise the roof in the hizzhowzz

4. Fynd macrumors 6502

Didn't use too, but since I went 64GB I just store everything on there and don't think twice.

I have iTunes match as well, but it auto-downloads when streaming so the space goes anyway.

5. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Nope. It all gets smushed onto the 32gb iPhone 4 I have. I save iPad's space for movies and if I want music, I can stream Pandora (or others) on iPad or just use my iPhone.

Only music that might get loaded to iPad is something I'm working on in GarageBand at the time.

6. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

7. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

I also use my iPhone as an MP3 player. I mirrored everything as well, all 37GB of music. If I ever need extra space, I'll start weeding out the albums that I don't really listen to.

8. Nukemkb macrumors 6502a

Nukemkb

9. Rob9874 thread starter macrumors 6502

That's what I'm thinking.

10. okrelayer macrumors 6502a

Nope. Keep all my music on iPod classic, and stream it AirPlay to iPad from MacBook pro.

11. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

nope not even a single song... I used to have about a dozen songs but I have an iPhone 4S that lives in my front pocket (and probably fusing my testicles together or turning my sperm into the sperm version of the spider that bit Spider-man) and I don't even have THAT full of music... I find carrying TOO much music a burden cause then I have to dig through a whole bunch of songs I don't really care about to find the ones I like... so I just sync about 100 songs on a playlist, last 3-5 Howard Stern Shows and my 3 favorite full albums from my childhood (that probably came out longer than 10 years ago) equals about 1.5 gigs the rest on my iPhone are apps and photos.
    My iPad are all apps (that aren't already on my iPhone, besides all the Angry birds and a couple of universal app games) and TV shows I watch at the gym.

12. mac mac mac macrumors regular

13. tommot82 macrumors regular

All the music I want goes on my iPhone, iPad carries all the movies and tv. If I want music on the iPad, iTunes match pulls it down! Great balance that works well for me!

14. avaloncourt macrumors 65816

I have a bit of a problem with the whole iTunes match aspect. I have a car system that connects to iPods/iPhones and takes over the control. I have discovered that it doesn't see anything that's not saved to the iPad. It ignores the iTunes Match items completely. I also can't control it from the iPad because the iPad goes into the connected device mode and blanks the screen except for the connection message.

I can connect via Bluetooth for audio but I lose the ability to control the music. It's just a streaming device at that point with control only from the iPad itself which rather defeats the purpose of having an iPod/iPhone interface in the car.

I also have a Pioneer receiver in the house that does exactly the same thing.

It's just a bit frustrating.

15. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

No, i have a 64GB wifi, all music is on my Ipod Classic 160gb :D

16. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

not usually, i use spotify on my iphone, waiting for the ipad app!

17. Rlkv011 macrumors regular

Check out audio galaxy. I have it on both my iPad and iPhone. Saves a ton of space on both devices.

18. SandboxGeneral Moderator emeritus

SandboxGeneral

No, I don't have any music on my iPad. I have some on my iPhone 4S for use while in the gym. Otherwise, at home my iMac is my music hub and Airplay's to my ATV2 & ATV3.

At work my old 3GS sits on my desk as a glorified iPod Touch and streams music from Pandora or CalmRadio.

In the truck, I have a 30GB iPod Classic in the glove box hooked up to my Alpine stereo.

The iPad doesn't have a place in my life for music; at least not right now anyway.

19. irDigital0l Guest

20. porcupine8 macrumors 6502a

not really. I have maybe four albums' worth on it, most of which is for my kid.

21. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I transferred about 120 songs onto the iPad. My iPod Touch has closer to 6,000. :D. The iPod will continue to hold all my music &audio books. It's a near-perfect device and has much more storage than my 32GB ipad. But, I did want to have some music handy on the iPad.

22. dukeblue91 macrumors 65816

dukeblue91

No, I either stream it or use my iPhone when I travel, plus I still have one of the older iPods I can use if I need my juice for the iPhone on a longer trip.

23. nd3eb macrumors member

iTunes match allows me to have my 17,000 songs on my iPad :)