Do you take iPad with you everywhere?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by miamialley, Mar 14, 2011.

1. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

I just got my first iPad and absolutely love it. I'm wondering how you guys use it. Do you take it everywhere like your phone, only to work, etc. Where do you use it?

2. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Yes. I take it EVERYWHERE. BTW: How do you clean this thing :)

3. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2 like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C134 Safari/6533.18.5)

I got mine with me right now...tucked in my bag. I haven't taken it out because 1) I don't want to look like a wanker (trust me, if u pull out an ipad anywhere besides sitting at a table in Starbucks, you look like a spoiled snob) and 2) I don't want to draw attention to the $830 device I have on me as I don't want it stolen.

4. Nde macrumors 6502a

Nde

I take mine out during the weekend. In another word, thats the only way I can eat with my three years old, it is to throw movies at her. We share photos and things during Thanksigivning, etc.

At night, I use my iPad 1 as a slingbox remote so I can watch HD channels in my room. I'm too cheap to get a top box plus I can carry the so-call TV with me if I need to go to the bedroom.

5. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I did at first but I have since left it at home several days a week.

It is a bit too big for me to use it everywhere I go on a daily basis

6. dmaul1114 macrumors 6502

I'll mainly use it at home. May take it to the office regularly if I like using it for notes in meetings and use it as a calendar (though I'll probably just use a Calendar app that syncs with Google calendar).

It's just too big to take around unless you're a female with a big purse or a guy that has a briefcase/messenger bag/backpack everywhere you go. I only carry around what will fit in my pockets personally.

I also drive everywhere so I don't have idle travel time--I'd carry it (or my Kindle) around if I had time on the subway etc. I'm also not much for sitting in coffee shops or the park to read etc. I'll do that stuff at home. If I'm out and about I'm on a date, or hanging out with friends or running errands and don't need any gadgets other than my phone on me anyway as I don't have idle time.

7. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

It has been going everywhere with me since I picked it up on Friday. I was able to leave my laptop at home today because I had my iPad with me.

8. iserian macrumors 6502

When I first got the pad at launch last year I did.... until I got the droidx.... now I carry my xoom most everywhere but still a ten inch tablet is a bit too big.

The biggest problem with carrying everywhere is you have the possibility to loose it anywhere.

9. fanboy05 macrumors regular

No , I take my iPhone everywhere, but at home is where I use the iPad so it is with me most of the time... Just not out of the house much.

10. edoras macrumors regular

at Previously I used to carry it everyday to office, but now I left it home after I bought the Macbook Air. Here's --> Why I left my iPad at home...

11. leenak macrumors 68020

Yes! It is highly portable and easy to type quick notes. I don't have a smart phone and at work, I have to use a computer given to me by work but I don't use that for personal stuff.

I really can't wait for my latest trip to use it as I travel :)

12. robertatwb macrumors member

robertatwb

13. Zeos macrumors 6502

It would be nice if there was a convenient way to carry it "everywhere," like the grocery store, mall, etc. But I haven't found a sling or bag small and discreet enough to allow me to do this...

14. miamialley thread starter macrumors 68030

miamialley

I feell the same way. My girlfriend just puts it in her small purse, but i dont have a similar option.

15. 26.2 macrumors member

I have mine with me on the toilet right now. It is so much better than a newspaper.

16. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

iPad mostly stays at home. iPhone is for day-to-day. But when I travel I do always take my iPad even if I take my laptop. Many times I leave my laptop behind.

17. DS3 macrumors 6502a

Yeah as it is I cant take it everywhere because I dont have a convenient non-goofy looking way to carry it around.

Going to have to look into these carriers.. some of those just linked look interesting.

I think I'd take it most places once its convenient.

18. vladtheimpaler macrumors regular

vladtheimpaler

Only to the toilet.

19. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Take everywhere.

It's in my bag along with my MBP. Each has its use.

20. Mitch2742 macrumors member

Now that I have a wireless keyboard my iPad will be going everywhere with me, including classes. Woo.

21. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

Never leave home without it. In fact, I choose my bag purchases based on there being an iPad-sized exclusive pocket for it. :)

22. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I only take it with me if I know that I am going to need it. Which probably works out to about 20% of the time that I go out.

23. DiamondMac macrumors 68040

DiamondMac

I do love it in that area

24. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625