Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Does Steve Jobs case his iPhone?

• Yes, his iPhone needs to be immaculate!

Votes: 8 4.6%
  • No way, Steve can do his thing regardless of his scratched iPhone.

Votes: 98 56.6%
  • Steve simply has an unscratchable iPhone, it comes with his special abilities!

Votes: 57 32.9%
  • Steve doesn't even have an iPhone, he just got his new Bold!

Votes: 10 5.8%

• Total voters

snverhallen

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 17, 2007
Do you think Steve cases his iPhone, maybe with an InvisibleShield or an SwitchEasy Rebel case? Or does he just use it annex regardless of scratches etc.? Or maybe he has an unscratchable iPhone?

What do you think?

snverhallen

barkomatic

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2008
Manhattan
He probably doesn't use a case. I bet he replaces it whenever it gets worn-though I'm sure he doesn't unwrap one everyday he probably gets a new one when it looks worn.

To a man who has a net worth of 5.4 Billion a phone is insignificant. His iphone is the jet he takes to Hawaii whenever he wants. :)

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008
If I were Jonathan Ive I'd quit in a second if I saw SJ with a case on his phone...and Steve knows it.

anjinha

macrumors 604
Oct 21, 2006
San Francisco, CA
This is from the book "The Perfect Thing" by Steven Levy:

"Once as I began an interview with him [Steve Jobs], I took out my microphone-equipped iPod to record the conversation. The device was covered by a translucent plastic iSkin cover. He looked at me as if I'd smeared the Mona Lisa with cow excrement. I tried to explain that I wanted to prevent the smears and dings that iPods often attract. He wasn't having any. "I think the stainless steel looks beautiful when it wears," he said. "Probably it's like us. I mean, I'm going to be fifty next year, so I'm like a scratched-up iPod myself.""

I don't think he uses a case, although I also like the theory that Steve has an unscratchable iPhone.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
I imagine that he would view it as disrespectful to the iPhone to even think about it.

Pressure

macrumors 603
May 30, 2006
Denmark
I would like to believe that he is a sensible man that changes his phone whenever something happens to it that makes it work less than 100%.

This could be anything from cosmetic to major hardware flaws that lowers the usability of the device.

As a sidenote I would not be surprised if he had another unit close within reach, that may or may not be an iPhone ;)

Besides that I also think that although his iPhone may look like the 3G model, it may be something else. Different hardware/software and definitely a stronger hybrid/experimental battery of sorts, which still is too expensive as a mainstream option.

freelander

macrumors member
Feb 5, 2008
He doesn't need a case because his is covered in embarrassment. Don't get me wrong I love my iphone but this thing is so buggy. Can you imagine our reaction if Microsoft released a product to the market that is as unreliable as this??!!

Mr. Brown

macrumors member
Jan 15, 2008
no, a diamond one. it can't be scratched unless it scratches itself.
swarovskiiphonecase.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.