Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
Consumers who want a 6.7-inch display aren't going to settle for third camera lens. Those are two entirely different features.

tis

macrumors 6502
Dec 8, 2020
Consumers who want a 6.7-inch display aren't going to settle for third camera lens. Those are two entirely different features.

The differences are more extensive than one camera lens.

JPack

macrumors G5
Mar 27, 2017
The differences are more extensive than one camera lens.

The typical consumer shopping for an iPhone doesn’t see it that way. The additional features sound nice, but are overwhelming. For most people, it boils down to the camera.

Reactions: RRC

KOTN91

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2017
The typical consumer shopping for an iPhone doesn’t see it that way. The additional features sound nice, but are overwhelming. For most people, it boils down to the camera.

Dynamic island is a very obvious difference, it’s a whole new design similar to going from the 6/7/8 iPhones to the notched iPhones. The lay consumer will definitely see that as a big deal

Andeddu

macrumors 68000
Dec 21, 2016
The whole 14 lineup is over-priced if you live anywhere but America. Over here in the UK and Europe it's all about do Apple have enough disciples for it not to tank when the choice from next month is either a new phone on a £50 a month contract or putting the heating on.
I’ve decided I’d rather be toasty this winter so I’ll just have to keep my 12 Mini and crank the heating up to 3 bars.

TechLord

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2020
The selling points of the plus and the pro are pretty different. If you want a big screen you aren’t going to go “well I might as well pay a little bit more and get the pro”, you’re gonna go for the pro max. The price difference between the plus and the pro max is more stark, here it’s £949 vs £1199. That’s a big price difference for an average consumer. The average consumer also upgrades every 4-5 years so they aren’t going to be worrying about the differences between the two because the 14 plus is a significant upgrade over an 8 plus or XR.

Because dynamic island sits lower the 6.1 inch pro is the worst of the 4 in terms of screen real estate.

lyceumHQ

macrumors 68000
Aug 4, 2010
I’ve ordered the plus.

At this point, all iPhone models from say the 12 onwards do everything I need a phone to do. But I love tech and my phone is the one thing I treat myself to. So I upgrade every year.

My favourite ever iPhone is the blue XR. Blue is my favourite colour. Last year I regretted not getting the sierra blue pro.

This year I had every intention of buying the 14 PM. But the price increase made me think again. 1.2k for a phone. To me that’s a bit crazy. But I want to try a bigger screen for the first time so the plus is the obvious choice. When I saw the blue plus, I knew I’d be buying it.

I know a lot don’t understand going with aesthetic over function but as I said, the 13 I have does all I need. The 14 plus will too. So I’ve saved myself £250, got to try a larger screen and got a phone in a colour I love. I realise however that my reasoning isn’t the norm.

And do think in general the plus is too expensive. As many have said here most will look at it and think, why not pay the £100 extra for the pro model.

But I think apple also see it as a way of getting more people to the PM. If I enjoy the larger screen this year and there’s no plus next year, my only option is the PM.

Starfia

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2011
It would be a severe, once-in-a-decade-type occurrence if they do. If it's not in demand, I imagine they'll lower production and let them sell out to the smaller group of customers who have their hearts set on it.

eyoungren

macrumors Penryn
Aug 31, 2011
Due to lower expectations or just low sales.

Since it's only 100 less than the 14 pro which is miles better.
Apple doesn't respond that way. The price is the price.

They will however, lower it as already mentioned, after the release of the iPhone 15 - in order to move older phones.

But it's always possible you can get it for a lower price with Apple before then - if they put some of these iPhones in their refurb store.

So, there you go. Only third party resellers discount or lower prices.

Apple does not.

babyexercise

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2021
I think Apple will still do this: $100 cheaper when iPhone 15 come out, then not available when iPhone 16 come out, but regular 14 will be still there as cheapest non SE option.

Apple still wants to keep this plus model as a more premium model.

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
Due to lower expectations or just low sales.

Since it's only 100 less than the 14 pro which is miles better.

I don't believe Apple has ever done a price reduction (before the next generation model came out) since the original iPhone when they dropped the price $200 within three months. Official Apple retail prices for the 14 lineup will very likely remain the same until the 15 comes out.

Reactions: cuzo

webkit

macrumors 68030
Jan 14, 2021
United States
The whole 14 lineup is over-priced if you live anywhere but America. Over here in the UK and Europe it's all about do Apple have enough disciples for it not to tank when the choice from next month is either a new phone on a £50 a month contract or putting the heating on.

The iPhone 14 Plus is actually lower priced in the UK than it is in the U.S. before VAT and sales tax.

The 128GB iPhone 14 Plus is £790 (before VAT) in the UK which at the current exchange rate is around $896 USD. The price of the 128GB iPhone 14 Plus in the U.S. is $929 (before sales tax).

shady16

macrumors 6502a
Oct 3, 2019
like everyone has said here they will likely drop the price about 100$ when the iPhone 15 comes out next september

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
From what I am hearing the higher end iPhones are selling better than the lower end. The Pro Max is extremely popular.
Of course people will buy Max now cause there's no Plus to buy yet. I wonder if once the Plus launches if Max people will cancel far out orders since the Plus will probably be always available like the regular 14.

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
Yeah the 14 is available for store pickup and the plus is still available for release day delivery.

Both the pro and the pro max are looking at late October delivery now.
Yea 14s galore when I search, and what's funny is it shows Plus in stock when it's not even available yet. Not a single Max, and just before a nearby store had two Pros which disappeared promptly

Reactions: lyceumHQ
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.