Do you think apple will make it up to the community?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zas, Sep 24, 2014.

1. zas macrumors member

I currently have an iPhone 6 plus and I will not leave apple because of this however, I am extremely frustrated as I have to travel an hour to get home and I will not have any cellular service. The bending issue I don't care about....

When the antenna issue happened apple gave out free cases to make it up to the community. How do you guys think apple will handle this one? How do you think they will deal with the bad publicity they are getting right now? :mad:

2. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

They'll give out a free update for the update#

3. lke macrumors 6502a

I don't understand why you can't roll back an update directly on iOS 8, that way if something goes wrong you could go back to the old version and use your iphone or ipad in minutes.

About what you say I doubt that they are going to offer something

4. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

The antenna was a hardware issue. This is a software bug that can be fixed easily enough.

What compensation do you expect from Apple for this?

5. zombiedictator macrumors member

Tim Cook called me on my land line and apologized. He's paying off my mortgage!

6. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

This I agree with. While I get their reasoning for not normally permitting rollbacks, this points out where it can be a huge problem. Even if they only do it for circumstances like these, there has to be a way to do a roll back for problematic updates.

Maybe they'll offer a free album on iTunes that downloads on everyone's phones automatically. Oh, wait...

7. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Exactly. Why should owners of the new phone, and indeed those who installed iOS8 on their older iPhones have to suffer a poor experience, and possibly for months? iOS7 took a year until it was a stable o/s.

8. zas thread starter macrumors member

I expect something because it has not been fixed as of yet. I have no cell phone service, I can't even dial 911 for god sakes. When I leave I will not have WI FI therefore my phone becomes useless.

----------

If rollbacks were permitted this whole issue would have been resolved already. :(

9. Starfyre macrumors 68030

Starfyre

What happened to Apple making quality products? This is really hammering on credibility. Come on Apple!

10. Sodner macrumors 68020

Sodner

People always want something for free. Not picking on the OP, but for example -- when people order a phone and are told it will not ship for 7 to 10 business days and they call Apple to complain hoping for a free leather case, that gets me sick of society as a whole.

For this mess up Apple has promised to give everyone a free album. Its already available so download U2 at your leisure.

11. midwestfisherma macrumors 6502

midwestfisherma

You do realize that people existed just fine, driving to and from work, living life etc., before there were cell phones. I'm sure you'll be fine driving home. Just sack up, you'll get through it! :rolleyes:

12. zas thread starter macrumors member

It is not about getting something for free is about admitting hey we @#$ up but here is what we are doing to make it up to y'all for sticking around. Not everyone has the ability to hook up the phone right now to iTunes to get the problem fixed. I am just frustrated.... I just hate when they take their sweet time to even release a statement saying we are sorry but we are working on it. I don't think I have ever seen a message on the apple site saying we are sorry for delays or sorry for this or that etc etc ... (I could be wrong though) I guess when you are it nobody gives a @#$.

13. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

This is why I always check this site before I download any software update.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Unfortunately, I've learned that as well. Not just for phones, but anything electronics requiring an update..

15. julesgold macrumors regular

16. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

17. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

Pretty sure we'll get a public apology from Tim Cook at some point, similar to what he did for "Maps-gate". This is a big one, and something Apple and multiple carriers should have caught. Now you know why Google does rolling updates. They can limit the damage done by an errant release.

18. Immiddx macrumors member

Make it up to the community? They didn't give out the free bumper cases to make it up to people. They did it to help make sure peoples phones were functional. Apple will fix iOS 8 and then it will work again. You aren't owed anything.

19. zas thread starter macrumors member

Agree.

20. edlex macrumors 68000

edlex

Android updates go to the carriers first then the carriers test and approve for release on their network

21. pullfocus macrumors 65816

pullfocus

Exactly.

22. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Apple owes you nothing.

23. TWO2SEVEN macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

You know, there was a time when ALL phones were tethered to the room where they were plugged in. People traveled all the time and they were just fine. ;)

24. sincere11105 macrumors 6502

People will still buy their products. Remember with the iPhone 4? They recovered.

25. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Recovered? From what? For you to recover, you have to stumble first. Antennagate was a blip. Their balance sheet proves this.