Do you think the current bands will work with Apple Watch 2 [MERGED]

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Z8beema, Jan 30, 2016.

?

Do you think the current bands will work with Apple Watch 2

1. Yes

12 vote(s)
    85.7%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Probably not but I hope so

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  1. Z8beema macrumors 6502

Z8beema

I want to believe with the wide range of prices, something would be salvageable year over year. This is a tech company though so...

2. Beeray macrumors regular

Do you think the old bands will fit the new watch. I have at least 6 bands.

3. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Yes, it will be (virtually) the same case and the updated :apple:Watch will be sold along side. Apple will only change the band's connectors when it can give a plausible reason, like a 'thinner case' and this will likely be a few generations down the road.

4. Beeray macrumors regular

5. NauCayuti macrumors member

Even with a somewhat thinner case the connectors probably wouldn't be changed. I think Apple is aware that the bands are a bit of an investment and that customers will appreciate that they're going to fit the next AW versions.

6. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Exactly. Makes me that much more willing to upgrade from model to model if the bands can come along for the ride.

7. tivoboy macrumors 68030

I'm almost 100% sure that bands will for aw2. Apple so much as said so many months ago via messaging to apple store employees

8. Aluminum213 macrumors 68040

Aluminum213

9. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I'll be pissed!!!!!!!!!

I've spent more on bands than my two watches combined!!!!!

10. BarracksSi macrumors 68040

BarracksSi

It'd be the dumbest move in watchdom.

... which is why I don't think Apple would do it.

11. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Those "what if" questions without any basis in reality are silly.

12. Thai macrumors 6502a

Thai

I am no upgrading...so, whether the new AW2 is compatible with AW1 bands is irrelevant...i will just continue enjoying AW1 and WatchOS3. :)

13. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

FUD thread but I'm hoping to keep mine too. I like how you are now completely confident now. However after the event and we are told how much more magical, faster, more useful, epic, incredibly awesome and amazing with all the new must have killer features it will have then report back.:eek: Apple is the master of spin and product hype. Never underestimate their ability to influence and stroke your wants and desires.:D

14. iPhysicist macrumors 6502a

iPhysicist

If the watch2 is a just a little faster I will gladly upgrade. The watchbands will be compatible, that's a given.

15. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Faster is a given too. Not only will it be faster but it will be (cue Keynote graph pointing WAY up) 'unbelievably faster' and 'our fastest watch processor ever'.

16. Benz63amg macrumors 68000

Benz63amg

haha i laughed out loud on that one, i can see that graph saying these exact words showing a 60% increase in speed over the apple watch 1 at the keynote, cant wait for the keynote!

the bands will most certainly be compatible, there are leaks of the parts of the apple watch 2 already posted on macrumors, its got the exact same body as the apple watch 1 but with a slimmer display and a larger battery inside which is great imo, i love my apple watch 1 but i will be upgrading most likely if i see that the apple watch 2 is worth the upgrade, im getting the iphone 7 plus due to the dual camera for sure thats without a question

17. Newtons Apple macrumors Pentium

Newtons Apple

The world will continue spinning and most of you would buy the watch and new bands anyway.

18. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

It will slow down in its spin though.:eek: Come to think of it the earth will slow down either way so Apple may as well keep the same connector.:D