Do you think the original ipad is the best?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by koban4max, Oct 24, 2012.

1. koban4max macrumors 68000

I mean..let's forget the specs and lightness...I'm talking about the true momentum. When I bought the ipad the original at its late stage...I felt that spark. At that time, I didn't know there was going to be ipad 2 coming soon (although I even bought ipad 2..still...). I loved the original ipad not because it looked cool (although it was at that time), but it's was the true form of ipad. It had that original functions...i mean the way it was set up. It was like a first child born into this world. After ipad 2, it just became another thing..in my opinion. What say you?

2. haruhiko macrumors 68040

haruhiko

No, the 256MB RAM already showed its limit back in 2010. Especially after the debut of the iPhone 4, it's more like a higher clocked iPhone 3GS. Everybody was curious about the iPad, but not many people around me truly wanted and bought one until the iPad 2. It was the true revolution.

3. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

let's not talk about the spec...cause that's not what i'm talking about.

4. macbrooke macrumors regular

macbrooke

Ha!

I'll answer this! I've owned Ipad 1, 2 & 3.

I sold the others and went back to a 1.

Why? I don't want a camera in my darn tablet! my kids use it, and thats just one more feature for them to mess with.
    I also LOVE the solid aluminum bezel all the way around the tablet, it's rugged and takes a beating. I also found out of all 3 it charges the quickest and holds that charge the longest.

I use it for what a tablet is intended, email, FB web stuff & netflix.
    It's still a wonderful tablet for all of the above.

I was FLABBERGASTED when I saw what Apple has done today.
    Way to go! welcome to the S*** Show :confused:

5. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

I think the iPad 3, the current iPad is the best. The 4 might trump it but sometimes not as much as Apple wants us to believe.

6. macbrooke macrumors regular

macbrooke

Really?? I hated how long it took to charge.
    Verrry annoying.

7. Yr Blues macrumors 68020

the 2 was the best because it was slim and light

but it lacked retina

8. macbrooke macrumors regular

macbrooke

2 was a great ipad! I found it a bit more "delicate" however.

9. al256 macrumors 6502a

al256

The original iPad had that right feel and weight. When I had my iPad 2, I wanted to place it in the original iPad's housing.

I also miss the original iPhone's heft and feel. But those days of walking around feeling like a technological god while mere mortals could only dream of a phone with such abilities are gone.

The iPhone 4 also has such nostalgia and enjoyable form factor for me.

I'm too afraid to really get close to my iPhone 5. It basically stays in its case.

10. token787 macrumors regular

token787

I have used the 1,2 & 3. It's just something special about the 1. Really enjoyed it!

11. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I thought ipad was just a big iPod at launch.

iPad 2 was the game changer.

12. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

-respect- :cool:

----------

I agree. ipad 2 was the better model than the original..but i think the original is something that I won't forget. I value technologies. I see them as art...and I say the 1st model was in its purist form of tablet.

----------

-respect-

13. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

Time to charge never bothered me as it always had plenty of power to get through any day of use and I charged it while I slept. A non-issue to me

14. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

Personally I think the latest model is the best, simply because it's well-powered, it has a retina display and excellent battery life. The first iPad was under-powered even when launched, and by today's standards it's mind-numbingly slooooooooow.

15. Liquinn Suspended

To think my iPad 1 was the top of the range thing at some point. XD.

16. Breitling65 macrumors 6502

In compare to current models it is total useless junk, that is why I skipped one and started with 2. But agree, they should start with something :)

17. Byeen macrumors member

Byeen

For me is the first iPad the most beautiful iPad ever, not sure why, maybe those edges, but I was really about to buy first gen just to have it in the house, and I'm sure I'll purchase one soon :)

18. WoodNUFC macrumors 6502a

WoodNUFC

I absolutely love the design of the first iPad. The rounded back is fantastic. The rest are great devices, but the design of the first is my favorite.

19. koban4max thread starter macrumors 68000

20. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

No. Of course you aren't going to get the same spark because it isn't the first time it's been released. It's simply an upgrade. The latest iPad is the best by far.

21. desmoboy macrumors newbie

iPad 1 was the best as it was the first but worst in hardware compared to others, trust me I loved the 1 but would get the 2,3,4 over it in a heartbeat

22. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Build yes, performance no. 256mb was a joke in 2010 and a laughing stock now.

I still have and use mine as a midi controller and sound library. Using it for the Internet sucks because of the crashes on certain web sites, but it's perfect for what I use it for.

If it had 1 gig of ram it would still be a boss!

23. beauparc macrumors member

Staying with my original iPad. Can't see anything in the newer versions worth upgrading for. As for this new Mini thing...at that price? You have got to be having a laugh :D

24. ryannel2003 macrumors 68000

ryannel2003

My buddy has the 1st Gen iPad and it's slow as ******. You can't run iOS 6 on it, and it can barely surf web pages without lag. So no, it's not the best. My old iPhone 4 runs circles around it.