Do you think we will see iOS 7 GM for iPad tomorrow?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by NOTmacbookpro13, Sep 9, 2013.

1. NOTmacbookpro13 macrumors member

Will iOS 7 come to the iPad the same time as the iPhone? Yes/NO & why!

2. VSMacOne macrumors 601

VSMacOne

No. Most everybody agrees that iOS7 for iPad will come out with the new iPads in october.

3. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

No it won't 'cause the ipad version is not as polished as the iphone version

4. MagicHAM macrumors regular

MagicHAM

Having used the beta 5 & 6 myself just to check it out, the ipad version so far is a bigger version of the iPhone version. Definetly not worthy of release right now. Things just seem very weird with it, but does look good though.

But I have decided to go back to iOS6. Husband doesn't want me to play with his developer account. :( Awww... Bastard.

5. Saberon macrumors 6502a

6. JetBlack7 macrumors 68020

JetBlack7

No. It has been said iPad IOS 7 only at the end of the month.

7. kaiseryeahhh macrumors regular

kaiseryeahhh

+1
    I think exactly the same.

8. GreyOS macrumors 68030

GreyOS

I think this kind of ties into them not releasing the iPad beta till the second one. Kind of gives the message: it's coming, but a bit later.

9. shandyman Suspended

I reckon they'll say iOS 7 for iPad later in the fall. Think something similar happened with iOS 4?

10. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Do you have inside info on what Apple has been working on this past month or something?

11. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

Will be disappointed if it isn't launched at the same time.

12. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

Said by who and where?

13. w0lf macrumors 65816

w0lf

Unless Apple has been working miracles I don't think it's going to happen. iOS 7 on the iPad blows and there's no way they're going to launch the new iPhone 5s/c without releasing iOS 7 for the iPhone.

14. marvz macrumors 6502a

marvz

I thought that iOS7 for iPads is coming later too. But then there are the Apple Stores.. it would be really strange if all the presented iPhones are running iOS7 and the iPads iOS6.
    So I think Apple has managed to polish the iPad version like the iPhone one. They had about 3 weeks since the last beta! ;)

15. shandyman Suspended

I've been using iOS 7 on the iPad and it's not as polished. I'm not saying it's definitely not gonna be out at the same time, but it's looking likely it will be released later. The beta came out later. There's prior history with the iPad getting an iOS update later than iPhone. Would make sense with new iPads rumoured to be out later this year. Just many signs pointing to it. Additionally sites have posted about the rumour of a delayed iOS for iPads.

16. AngerDanger macrumors 68030

AngerDanger

[​IMG]

17. CaTOAGU macrumors 6502

It's hard to say, although the iPad beta started a couple of weeks after the iPhone, there've also been no more releases since Beta 6, which is the same as the iPhone. If they were having problems and were considering a delayed release it's seems odd that they have not been seeding more Betas for the iPad, to keep the development process going.

Stability wise the Beta 6 release is pretty flawless on my iPad, there are a couple of crashes that occur in Mail and contacts, that are reproducible but they don't seem particularly onerous. It's UI is as smooth as can be expected for Beta code. Remember there's a debugger running as well as beta specific debug code. Neither will be part of the GM version.

The real test though is if the API's are behaving as expected, that's what the Beta program is really for, and only the registered developers and Apple know the answer to that. As far as I can see, there's no real impediment to a GM release for the iPad tomorrow. I guess we'll see very soon though.

18. shandyman Suspended

In regards to your first paragraph, no releases of an additional beta so far is not an indicator that there won't be more for the iPad. They could just be focusing on finalising GM For iPhone and iPods, then when announcing GM, announce a beta for iPad.

I have had more issues on the latest iPad beta than iPhone beta, so I can see why it might be delayed. I've had many a respring, rotation glitches, etc.

19. CaTOAGU, Sep 9, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013

CaTOAGU macrumors 6502

You could well be right, however, the iPhone version never seemed so far off that I was left feeling they needed to drop everything to focus on it.

I understand that many are having more problems with the iPad, I am too but only very slightly more. I just don't see the complete mess that some are experiencing. None of the problems I have seem like ones that couldn't have been fixed in time for tomorrow.

20. shandyman Suspended

I'm not saying it's not gonna be GM all round tomorrow. Just keeping an open mind and seeing what could be. As for iPhone, we don't know what was going on behind the scenes, but GM would have been finalised about a week or so ago to be loaded onto the new devices that shipped, so would make sense to have all hands sorting that out then everyone can now focus on iPad. We'll see.

As for the iPad issues, honestly we have no idea how quick various bugs can be fixed, it's all guesswork. Just cos a bug is obvious, does not an easy fix mean, there's ramifications.

21. CaTOAGU macrumors 6502

True and absolutely it's all guesswork, it's enjoyable to speculate though isn't it. I'm certainly not putting any money on me being right either. Got my fingers crossed though.

22. lunaoso macrumors 65816

lunaoso

Correct. iPad support came in iOS 4.2. This was also the first major update for the iPad though, so that had a lot to do with it (it shipped with iPhone OS 3).

23. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Either they will give developers iOS 7 beta 7 or the GM for iPads, and then release a new GM when the iPads are ready...iOS 7.0.1? edit: Why? I think they will give developers one more release to work with while they work out the rest of iOS 7 issues w/iPad, stating to developers the things they are looking for in that beta/GM to help them get it ready for iPads in Oct.

But, they will not release iOS 7.0 (for iPad) for the public until the new iPads are ready to ship. (In other words, when Apple makes iOS 7.0 a public update, you won't be able to update iPads, just iPhones & iPod touches.)

I also think we will see Apple TV 5.4 GM with the first iOS 7 GM. (No, it will not be iOS 7-like.)

24. chekz0414 macrumors 6502a

chekz0414

I definitely think not. There may be an iPad beta 7 to extend the expiration date of October 6th, and then another October Event focused on iPads, and Macs will happen that is when Mavericks GM and iOS 7 GM for iPad will be released. Tomorrow we should see the iPhone 5S, 5C, possibly iPod touch 6th gen, and maybe a last device. All the iPhones and iPod touches will get iOS 7 GM tomorrow. Discontinued may be some of the iPod line, like the Classic especially if a selling point for iPhone 5S and iPod touch 6th gen is the 128GB expansion. Hopefully they both also have similar specs, while the 5C will be the cheaper product since it won't get a 128GB expansion

25. ionjohn macrumors 65816

ionjohn

Yup, my cousin's father's friend's sister works at Apple