Do you use a 2nd iPod for music?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ShanePod, Oct 7, 2007.

?

Do you use a 2nd iPod for music?

Poll closed Oct 14, 2007.
  1. Yes

38 vote(s)
    45.8%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    33.7%
  3. Waste of Money

13 vote(s)
    15.7%
  4. That's a Good Idea!

4 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. ShanePod macrumors member

I use my refurbished 2 Gig nano that only cost $105 for music and keep my 16G iPod Touch for Movies, Pictures, WiFi

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

I think 3 ipods is perfect fit
    classic 160G for complete collection
    shuffle/nano for day to day music
    Touch for internet and selected music/movies

unfortunately, I can't afford that combo.. :)

3. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

I sync every day so when I get my iPod Touch 8GB it will be used for everything and I wont need another iPod

So why do you want your full collection on something if the shuffle/nano would meet your needs for day to day music? Just seems pointless lol!

4. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

pointless? ask sj

5. Rookie1986 macrumors 6502

Yeah but he gives a reason to buy that, not to buy it and then another iPod and then another, there is no real need to ever have 3 iPods, 2 at most but 3 is just throwing money away

6. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Finance issues are keeping me on a 3G iPod...I would like an 8GB nano for day-to-day and a 160GB classic for the collection - I am happy going around London with 8GB, but when I go away, I like as much as possible :)

7. Windleaf2 macrumors newbie

I use the touch for videos and pictures mostly, keeping only 2 gigs for music, since I have 30 gig classic.

8. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I have an iphone, touch, and 3g nano. Also have a classic 160gb but returning that to store. Its just too slow. I use the Nano with Nike kit for walking. I use smart playlists and have different music, movies on each one.

9. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I try to use my 30 gb ipod photo for music but usually end up hearing music on my iPhone

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

I have a 60GB Video and a 16GB Touch

Video: Complete Music and converted Movie Collection, collecting dust except for syncing since the Touch

Touch: Daily use, selected Music and some videos, the greatest device for watching TV and surfing the internet.

11. PkennethV macrumors 6502a

yup, that's me exactly:)

12. dadsp33k macrumors regular

dadsp33k

since getting my iphone i use my 4g 20 gig ipod as an external hard drive.

13. james6000 macrumors member

james6000

5th Gen (30GB): All my music and podcasts

Touch: Movies, TV Shows, Video Podcasts

Pity though, I would like to use my touch as my only device but it simple cannot hold all my music. I like the choice of a picking a random album or song from my collection when I want, but the touch just can't offer me that.

14. skruggie macrumors member

I use my 80 gig 5.5 generation for daily use, my 8gig nano for exercize and on days where I'm not going to be listening to music for more than 3-4 hours.

15. Nova69 macrumors member

My oldest iPod, a mini, has been relegated to one of my cars - the daily driver. The second, a nano, is in my play car, and the touch is my in-home and walking around iPod. It gets used a lot for the Internet.

16. bektravels macrumors regular

Hey, just out of curiosity what do you mean by 'collecting dust except for syncing since the Touch' - is that for Last.fm or something?

17. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I have two iPods and an iPhone.

The iPhone gets used mostly for work and I load up the iPod with allot of my favorite music and about 2GB of movies/TV shows.

The 160GB classic gets used in my car where I connect it to my cars AUX input. Much easier to use the iPod on the car then trying to use the iPhone.

The 30GB iPod Photo now gets used for mostly podcasts.

18. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

Isn't the point of an iPod that you have all you stuff on the one device? I really do think it loses its point when you say you need more than one.

While I admit that my ultimate iPod would be a touch with the storage of a classic, I still don't see a need for both

19. andrewag macrumors 6502

I'm still using my 1st gen nano for music as the Nike + iPod kit does not work with the touch (and you can use the nano without having to look at the screen).

20. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

I can see people owning two iPods (I still use my old mp3 player sometimes for car use, I don't care about it enough to take it out of the car :)), but three is just crazy. My music collection is only at 10GB though and I switch out movies nearly daily, so I really don't have a need for a large iPod. I'm just curious how people need an 80GB for audio files only... :eek:

21. Corsairkid macrumors member

I use my 1G 4GB Nano for my car music, and I use my Touch when I am around the house. I also use my Nano for the gym.

22. bektravels macrumors regular

After selling my Video to fund a Touch, I realised that the Touch ain't great for exercising. So I just ordered a Shuffle for that sort of thing... I sort of felt like it was hard to justify having two, but everyone here convinced me it wasn't that out of the ordinary :D

23. GrimmGreen macrumors regular

i use my 30 gig ipod video to store the majority of my music , mostly heavy stuff i can't really listen to at work , and i use my touch for videos and more mellow music that i can play at work all day , and i only use my Ipod video in the car

24. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

I don't, I just put all my music on my iPhone and the videos that I think I'll want to see. If I had more money I'd buy a 160GB classic, but alas all my money is tied up into buying a lens right now.

25. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

I have three :eek:

5G 60GB iPod for music
    16GB touch for video/internet/pda
    2G 8GB nano for the gym

I like having more than one device. Tool for the job I say.