Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you use a 2nd iPod for music?

• Yes

Votes: 38 45.8%
  • No

Votes: 28 33.7%
  • Waste of Money

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • That's a Good Idea!

Votes: 4 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mosh

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
Helsinki, Finland
There's no way I'll take my iPod Touch to festivals. I can only imagine my Touch covered in Roskilde mud... *shiver*

That's why I keep my Mini, nice heavy duty player for situations where it might occasionally fall etc.

Touch for civilised day to day usage, mini for extreme situations =)

Something4Kate

macrumors member
Oct 2, 2007
London
My iPod nano is two years old and has been everywhere from 12 miles runs along the Thames path to black runs on Whistler mountain. It's in my pocket while I'm in crazy moshpits at rock gigs and festivals and it's been in my shirt pocket on the way to work. I've dropped it countless times and have sat on it a few times too. But the damn thing keeps on ticking!

My 1st gen iPod nano, bought from the Apple store on release day, is the bollocks and shall continue to be my music player of choice when I'm doing anything active or going to gigs.

However, my shiney new Touch contains both music and video for everyday use. I mean, what's the point in having cover flow to show off if you have no music (and hence no album covers) to show it off with??

I've managed to cram waaaay more music than is on my nano and tonnes of films, music vids and TV shows onto my touch with space to spare. The more space there is, the more I'll use. But for now I'm using both iPods for music with video on my Touch :D

SFK

kevbo1983

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2007
20gb 4th gen for listening in my car and on my motorcycle (much easier to operate without looking at it).

16gb touch for everything else.

Bowlerguy10

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2007
At my computer
No I won't use another iPod. Everything I have will more than fit on the 16 gigabyte touch that I will have. I'm going to use the Touch for everything.

Reimer

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
I don't actually own a Touch.... yet but I can see how it can be annoying for music considering you have to take it out of your pocket for every little function.

but I also wouldn't want to have to switch between iPods.. decisions decisions..

Dogbiskit

macrumors newbie
Oct 8, 2007
Toronto, Canada
I have a touch and 3g nano. I use the touch for most everything except the walk to and from work; for that, the nano is easier to handle since I like to pick and choose songs/podcasts. It bugs me that the touch doesn't have games so I'll also use the nano when I have the urge to play Klondike. Being a chick, they both fit nicely in my handbag!

Adorada

macrumors member
Jul 31, 2007
I have 3 Ipods.

2nd Gen Ipod Mini (4GB): used for mostly old songs that I like to listen to.

2nd Gen Ipod Nano (4GB): used for holding newer yet not essential music that I like (especially for trips).

New 16GB Ipod Touch: Holds only the newest songs that I love to listen to over and over again (and some songs that I can't live without). Also holds some movies/videos that I can watch over and over again (like Star Wars and Office Space).

I use my touch for everyday usage when hanging out with the friends (it's a showoff item for the most part for me). I use my nano for situations where I'm just hanging out by myself or in places where I'm doing nothing. My mini, I use in my car for travel as I don't really need to have a lot of music for the car. My mini never leaves my car while the touch and nano always are with me, depending on what I'm doing. I always update my ipods so that I only keep what I know I will listen to (like listening straight through the whole mini/nano/touch without skipping any songs). That is why I only need two 4GB ipods.

And fyi, I got my mini about 2 years ago, then got my nano a couple months ago in August when I ordered my SR MBP 17" Hi-Res laptop for school. Got instant rebate due to living in RI. Now just got the Ipod Touch for show and because I didn't want to have the hassle of dealing with any phone plans nor prepaid. I'm loving my ipods though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.