do you use a mousepad?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by shecky, Nov 11, 2008.

?

do you use a mousepad?

1. yes

57 vote(s)
    46.0%
  2. no

53 vote(s)
    42.7%
  3. i use a tablet, rollerball, trackpad, or something other than a mouse

14 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. shecky Guest

shecky

ever since optical mice came along, i have stopped using mousepads and just use my desk surface (wood Galant desk from Ikea) - but i also have noticed my mouse randomly will skip across the whole screen, etc.. a few times a day. i am not sure if it is my mouse itself or the lack of a pad.

do you use a mousepad?

2. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I went back to using a mouse pad after looking at my desk and seeing how much of the finish the mouse ware off of it. I use one to protect my desk.

3. upsguy27 macrumors 65816

upsguy27

Nah, I would, but my mouse is the wired Mighty Mouse and my desk is cheap, so I don't really care if either get damaged.

4. localoid macrumors 68020

localoid

Yes, I use a mouse pad for maximum ergonomic comfort -- the area of my desk where the mouse is used is 2.25 inches lower than where my keyboard sits and I use a mouse pad with a gel-filled wrist palm rest. Otherwise my wrist would be aching by now... :p

[​IMG]

5. Melrose macrumors 604

Melrose

Javol mein herr.

I have one I got from a clothing company I bought some stuff from online last year, but never use it since it's got their URL blazing right on the front and I hate blatant, tasteless advertising. The one I use now is much more subdued.

I saw one for Circque du Soleil and it was bright and actually pretty cool..

6. calebmedia macrumors member

Where can you get those nice soft track pad that are big such as a 2x3' pad?

7. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

8. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

No mousepad here and the finish on my ikea desk is still good 2+ years later, no changes.

Maybe if I had a glass top I would, as my MM doesn't like to track on glass.

9. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

nope. not since i started using mice with lasers for tracking. smooth on all surfaces.

10. XnavxeMiyyep macrumors 65816

XnavxeMiyyep

I use a trackball, which sits on the armrest of my chair. No mousepad for me.

11. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I use that exact same mousepad! I've had mine for about 3 years now.

12. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

I have a laser mouse and a shiny desk, so if I don't use a mousepad, the cursor jumps all over the place.

13. QUiKSR20 macrumors member

QUiKSR20

X2 use the same mousepad with a Bluetooth Microsoft wireless laser mouse 8000

[​IMG]

Some places form over function just dont cut it and the Wireless Mighty mouse was far from comfortable.

14. RITZFit macrumors 65816

RITZFit

15. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Yep. Mostly because I need the wrist support, but also because my desks provide a horrible surface for both optical and "standard" mouses.

16. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

I don't use a mousepad anywhere. I take my mighty mouse most places I take my laptop, and I use it on carpet, desks, floor, my leg, books, et cetera. Works pragmatically flawless everywhere.

17. jlewis2k1 macrumors 6502a

jlewis2k1

whats a mouse pad?

haven't used one in YEARS!

18. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Not sure how to vote. When at home on my desk I use a piece of paper for a consistent color/distance for the laser to see since my desks wood grain messes with accuracy. Anywhere else that I use a mouse is straight on the desk. I also use a tablet when doing work in Illustrator.

19. Gray-Wolf macrumors 68030

Gray-Wolf

Got to have it, as even with a laser mouse, I want to protect the mouse from any dust/dirt on a desk. I even carry one in my backpack for when I'm out and about with my macbook. Not to mention the fact, that it helps with pressure on the wrist. ;)

20. smurfjammer macrumors 6502a

smurfjammer

I didn't use to use a mousepad but bought a black computer desk and it started jumping around so I bought a Razor gaming mousepad (which is also black) and it fixed the issue.

21. PowerFullMac macrumors 601

PowerFullMac

I dont need a mousepad coz:

1) I use my trackpad mst of the time
    2) When I do use my mouse, its optical
    3) Mouse pads move around everywhere and its very annoying

22. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

I had a mouse do this once, it was a Compaq ('nuff said) optical mouse and it was really annoying, especially while playing a game where to start scrolling across the screen you would move your mouse to one of the corners, major pain. I bought another one (HP branded Logitech mouse) and the problem stopped. Of the three optical and one laser mouse I've owned, the Compaq was the only one to ever do skip around sporadically like that.

Yeah these pressed wood desks with a faux wood paper overlay really suck, ay? I don't have enough space on mine for a mousepad because the keyboard takes up so much space though, so no mouse pad for me.

23. dilbert4life macrumors regular

dilbert4life

Why in the world would you? unless of course you still used a mouse with a ball under it. Or you were worried about creating a bad callous on your wrist from using the mouse on a hard desk all day, as I do.:):apple:

24. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I have to use a mouse pad from my MM because I have a glass table.

25. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

I only used a mouse pad when I had a desktop computer and when I was at work. I have a great collection of mouse pads, a Maker's Mark Whisky mouse pad, and my favorite Star Trek mouse pad. I don't use them anymore as I no longer work.