Do you use a screen protector on your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Woodcrest64, May 13, 2019.

?

Do you use a screen protector on your iPad

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    43.0%
  2. No

57 vote(s)
    57.0%
  1. Woodcrest64 macrumors 65816

Woodcrest64

Curious to see how many people use a screen protector like tempered glass or a film on their iPad.

2. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

Who doesn’t use one?

3. Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

On phones always use tempered glass. For my iPad always use a high quality film.

4. mikzn macrumors 65816

mikzn

Never used a screen protector on any iPad and - now using iPad pro 12.9

Maybe i've been lucky but never had any scratches / damage to glass screen they seem pretty tough and I havn't dropped an iPad yet - knock on wood! :)

on the other hand - dropped a few iPhones :oops:

5. MisterSavage macrumors 6502a

MisterSavage

6. estabya macrumors 6502

estabya

I have owned 7 iPads since the original came out and never used a screen protector. I always use a case, cover, or sleeve that protects the screen when not in use.

7. Digitalguy macrumors member

I use it on all my 5 ipads, but it's not so much for protection, but to have an antireflective screen and no fingerprint...

8. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

I use matte screen protectors on all of my touchscreen devices. Not to "protect" the screen but because I prefer the matte appearance, the elimination of fingerprint smudges and glare, better resistance for fine-pointed styli, and less resistance when using a fingertip.

9. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502a

What’s a good matte one for the 9.7” iPads?

10. Nhwhazup macrumors 68020

Nhwhazup

3271F283-35BD-4FA7-8617-86E4FB659C39.png
    I got this one from Japan. Took awhile to get it, but I really like it.

11. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

I used to but the iPad display always gets covered up by the smart case when not in use unlike the phone so I stopped using them.

12. sracer macrumors G3

sracer

13. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502a

14. nburwell macrumors 601

nburwell

Never have and probably never will use a screen protector on my iPad. Not a fan of them - same goes for iPhone as well. For me, I prefer AC+.

15. AutomaticApple macrumors 65816

AutomaticApple

Huh?

16. philipma1957 macrumors 603

philipma1957

I use a film and a case. Both purchased from amazon.

They are helpful.

17. tpivette89 macrumors 6502

tpivette89

All my iPads and iPhones get glass screen protectors. Practically eliminates the chances of getting air trapped underneath. The durability seems to be better than film protectors, also.

The only iPad I didn't install a screen protector on was my old (original) Air... gave that one to my daughter and she dropped it. Resulted in a large crack across the entire length of the screen. Sad thing is that it had a cover, but she didn't have it covering the screen when she dropped it.

18. LennyFL macrumors member

I have an Otterbox Defender on each of my 3 iPad's and my iPhone XS Max

iPad Air 2
    iPad 5
    iPad Mini 5
    iPhone XS Max

19. jagolden macrumors 6502a

jagolden

Yes, always. Use Zagg glass protectors on phones and pads. Never have usability issues with them.
    I think it’s a good investment, others are fine without one.
    Personal preference, I suppose.

20. jasoncordelle macrumors regular

jasoncordelle

I use a tempered glass one for my iPad Pro 9.7" - mainly because the oleophobic properties of my screen seemed to be waning - the new glass is better and feels like the original screen, while offering more protection than naked.

21. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

No for me, I use a cover with a screen flap but I dont use cover or screen protector on my iPhones...

22. ssledoux macrumors 65816

ssledoux

I have always used the glass screen protectors on all my devices; normally have them here and waiting before my device is due to arrive.

Yesterday, I removed my glass protector from my iPP, and put on the iCarez matte screen protector (recommended by a member here). Since I’ve gotten my iMac, my plan is to be using my iPad for things that require writing a good bit more than I have been.

I LOVE this screen protector. Yes, it dulls the screen a little, but writing on it is absolutely awesome; I love how much it feels like I’m writing on paper!

I also really like the way it feels in general when I’m using it, AND the fact that it doesn’t have fingerprints.

I know it won’t offer quite the same protection as glass has, but I’m not hard on my devices, especially not my iPP, so I’m thinking it’ll be fine. I’m really happy I tried it. If you use the pencil a lot, it’s definitely worth trying!

23. MrRabuf macrumors member

No case and no screen protector on any iPad I've ever owned, including my current iPad Pro, and will probably never use them in the future. I much prefer to keep them naked although I do have a Smart Keyboard that I'll put on when it goes in my bag (and when I actually need to use it of course).

I do, however, use a case and glass screen protector on my iPhone because I drop phones all the time. I can't stand the film screen protectors though.

24. Dave Meadows macrumors 68040

Dave Meadows

I have one on my iPad mini 5. Now that you can use the Apple Pencil on it, does it make it more prone to scratches?

25. Digitalguy macrumors member

No, but it's much nicer feel compared to using the pencil directly on glass