Do you use a track pad or magic mouse?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by The Doctor11, Jan 11, 2014.

?

Track pad or magic mouse?

1. Track pad

69 vote(s)
    40.4%
  2. Magic Mouse

54 vote(s)
    31.6%
  3. Wired mouse

15 vote(s)
    8.8%
  4. Track pad and magic mouse

33 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Don't have a mac really want one i would get a magic mouse. What are you using track pad or magic mouse or both?

2. IA64 macrumors 6502

I could never get used to the magic mouse. Maybe that's what's magic about it...

3. Gunlance macrumors newbie

I use both a normal mouse (got sick of the battery changes in the magic mouse) and a track pad. Track pad is on the left of the keyboard and mouse on the right. The track pad is used for launch pad and switching between desktops(i use dual 27 inch monitors with lots of full screen apps).

4. SoAnyway macrumors 6502

I have a wired Apple (Mighty) Mouse that I've had for years even though my iMac shipped with a Magic Mouse. I also use a Magic Trackpad in addition to the mouse, mostly for scrolling and swiping between spaces/desktops.

5. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

Bought my first iMac last week and went with the trackpad after using a MacBook for the last 4 years. I don't think I could give up all those wonderful gestures and the Magic Mouse is a bit small for my hands. Figured I can buy a $10 mouse if I really need one in the future. I definitely wouldn't be able to find a $10 trackpad.

6. kathyricks macrumors 6502

Clicking a trackpad takes a lot more muscle effort than clicking a mouse. That's why I don't like any trackpads...they slow my work down.

7. jmgregory1 macrumors 65816

jmgregory1

Chicago and a few other places around the world
    You don't need to click the track pad, just set it to click with double taps. My wife used to click it until she realized there was an easier option.

I can't imagine going back to a mouse. Using a trackpad is so much easier and for precision work, using a stylus.

8. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Actually I like the mouse. The trackpad slows me down.

9. tgrays macrumors member

I've been using the Magic Mouse on and off for the past couple years. I chose the trackpad with my recent iMac purchase though, because I already have the mouse but mainly because I'm really curious about what the big deal is regarding the trackpad. I've heard it hailed as the best thing ever by so many people, and I keep wondering if I'm missing something.

I always thought it was just a... you know, typical track pad in the laptops of old days... the ones people generally dislike but use because they have to. Everyone was plugging a mouse whenever they could, but all of a sudden, people wanted to use a trackpad for a desktop. I gathered trackpads have probably come a long way, so I guess I'll find out when my unit arrives.

10. yjchua95 macrumors 604

I prefer the wired mouse and try to minimize wireless usage at home.

I also use Ethernet instead of wi-fi.

11. MacHead84 macrumors 6502

MacHead84

I could never get used to the track pad and the magic mouse.
    Bought a 10 Dollar wireless USB mouse.

I am old school. :cool:

12. MartinAppleGuy macrumors 68020

MartinAppleGuy

I use both. Mainly my Magic Trackpad, but when it dies, I use my Magic Mouse :)

----------

I have it set up so it will respond as a click just with me tapping on it once (not pushing it down).

13. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

14. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I have two MM's....and have just got so used to gestures that although I've tried other mice, I just keep going back to the Apple offering....they are not the best for gaming though, but the trackpad is a really nice addition to any system...planning on adding one to my iMac shortly.

15. ohbrilliance macrumors 6502a

ohbrilliance

I found a separate trackpad uncomfortable to use. Unlike a laptop, there's nothing to rest your fingers or palms on, so to frequently use the magic trackpad you need to hover your fingers above it. That gets tiring very quickly.

16. DiCaprioAngel macrumors 6502

My dad owns an iMac, and whenever I use it, I always use the Magic Mouse.

17. Nismo73 macrumors 6502a

Set it to "tap to click" in preferences

18. BESLC macrumors regular

I use the track pad. I have had iMac's since 2007, at first using the wireless magic mouse. The problem I have encountered with the magic mouse is the scroll wheel. The scroll wheel requires frequent cleaning or it will not function properly. It's not a big deal to clean, but is a factor in proper operation.

I purchased the track pad when they were first released, and have been happy with the switch from the mouse. I have on occasion used my mouse, however in my case I have not found any operations the track pad can't handle. I am not a gamer, which would require the mouse functions. The track pad is more comfortable for me.

If you are a mouse user, in my opinion there are much better mouses available than the magic mouse. On your order you can purchase both and decide for yourself.

19. sidabet macrumors newbie

Got fed up of the jerky magic mouse, eating batteries every 3 weeks and dropping Bluetooth once a week. I use a 7 button wired mouse and Bettertouchtool.

20. Crosscreek macrumors 68030

Crosscreek

21. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

The magic mouse doesn't have a scroll wheel.

22. Bear macrumors G3

This poll (like most) didn't cover all the options. Although in this case, the only one I can think of that's really missing is "Track pad and Wired Mouse".

I use a wired mouse for a variety of reasons. Occasionally I'll grab the Magic Mouse for a couple of things, but not really that often. I could see adding a trackpad to my set up.

23. Bear macrumors G3

Maybe you mean a Mighty Mouse?

Attached Files:

24. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I use both depending on what application I'm using.

25. BESLC macrumors regular

I stand corrected , you are right. All I can say is I may need another cup of coffee :)