Do you use facetime?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by boss.king, Oct 30, 2010.

?

Do you use facetime?

1. Yes, every day

20 vote(s)
    7.5%
  2. Yes, every now and then

124 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Used it once, never again

65 vote(s)
    24.3%
  4. Nope, never tried it

59 vote(s)
    22.0%
  1. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

So it's been a while since the iPhone 4 launched and I'm curious: do you guys actually use facetime?
    One of the main reasons I chose to skip the iPhone 4 was because I felt facetime wasn't worth my money. I've had plenty of phones with a front-facing camera and never used it after trying it out.

(btw, for some reason this thread posted while I was typing, finished it now)

2. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Yes I do...

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

Now that more and more people in my family are starting to upgrade to the new iPhone 4, and others to the new iPod touch (and now with FaceTime for the Mac), I have been using FaceTime almost daily.

I'm looking forward to making FaceTimes calls to everyone in my family come Christmas morning.

4. lsvtecjohn3 macrumors 6502a

Almost every day. My parents live in another state so it's good to see them also they get a chance to see my son. I even used the yahoo messenger app so my girlfriend parents can see her sister who went away for school.

iPhone 4 bringing families together LoL

5. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

I use it quite a bit! It's a great way to keep in touch with friends and family across the world. As time has gone on, I find I use it more as more FaceTime devices become available.

6. kawasakirider macrumors regular

I don't know anyone else with an iPhone 4, and I'd have to text them to see if they had wifi access before I did it anyway... I wish it was available as a normal video call to other video call phones at normal video call rates. Quite flawed in my opinion, but I don't really care about it anyway.

To those that use facetime - does it lag at all or is it like the iPhone video recording (beautiful and you can't believe it's a phone)?

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Almost every day.
    Now that you can video chat with ipods and macs it will open up more.
    Also the addition of instant messengers and probably skype down the road will make it even better and allow you to connect to much more people.

8. daihard macrumors 6502a

daihard

Tried it once when my wife's friend came over. She'd just gotten an iPhone 4 and we decided to try FaceTime. It somewhat worked, but the video was choppy despite the fact that it uses WiFi. Never done it again since then.

9. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Nope, just a couple of friends have i4 but I don't talk to them much so it was just the first try and that was it :(

Too bad it doesn't work with nokia 5800 and windows, my gf doesn't own any apple products :(

10. LapsangSouchong macrumors 65816

LapsangSouchong

I use it daily. Will use it more when it's available for 3G.

11. robanga macrumors 68000

robanga

We only have the one iPhone 4G in the family, but since it was released for the mac we use it. While traveling, I have Facetimed home several times.

12. bender o macrumors 6502

bender o

Get Tango from the appstore or any 3g+Facetime for cydia :D

13. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Before being available on iPod Touch and Macs no, but I do now. Combine the extra devices with My3G and I use it often, but not every day.

14. BKNY macrumors member

Hello

i use it everyday .. i downloaded this app call ftfun from the app store.. and now i always facetime with people from all around the world.. very cool app for facetime.. i think it's the first one to come out

15. NYDiplomat macrumors regular

16. superspud macrumors regular

I would, but unfortunately most / all of my friends have droid or blackberry. I used BBM all of the time when I had my 9700, but currently I am the only cool person with an Iphone4 in my group.... :(

17. Goldfrapp macrumors 68040

Goldfrapp

At the end of each semester, I have to facetime with my anatomy professor in order to pass the course. :eek:

18. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Yikes! :eek:

19. mattdo93 macrumors 6502

mattdo93

ROFL! :D

20. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu

21. redrox5 macrumors member

Recently I traveled to London then Reykjavik. I had jaibroken prior to going and was able to use FaceTime to show my family and friends how amazing the views were. I only wish FaceTime over 3G was an officially supported option here in the states. :(

22. megadon macrumors 6502

I drive with no licence smoking weed, while using facetime over 3G.

23. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Ubuntu

aw, just call the app fuglytime then.

I might have to do that too :(

24. vong macrumors 6502a

vong