Do you use Newsstand?

• Yes

Votes: 21 15.8%
  • No

Votes: 112 84.2%

• Total voters

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Although I have free ones like NYTimes, The Daily, Engadget one, etc.

I dont use it extensively (barely at all) so I voted no.

I would like Newsstand to have Reader and also a place where you can store all your news apps.

If that happens I'll use it everyday.

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I checked no, though I added a couple of free magazines a while ago I never checked them out. Maybe I would on an iPad or on a long trip somewhere (plane or train).

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
Nope, and I wish we had the ability to hide it out of sight rather than taking up room... as it is, I have it sitting alone on the last page.
Same here. The only magazine I subscribe to is Reader's Digest, and I only get the print version of it.

yanki01

macrumors 68040
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
never. It was in a folder until the newest iOS and now I cannot out it in a folder. on iOS, supposedly you cannot put it in a folder either.

Apple...

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 6, 2010
The United States
We're almost at 20 votes and it looks like my prediction was right. Though I have seen polls suddenly go the other way.
I'm not much of a magazine reader, but for those who do, I think it's a price issue more than anything. Why would I want to pay more just to have it on my iOS device when I can get a print version for cheaper?

ericrwalker

macrumors 68030
Oct 8, 2008
Albany, NY
I'm not much of a magazine reader, but for those who do, I think it's a price issue more than anything. Why would I want to pay more just to have it on my iOS device when I can get a print version for cheaper?
Makes sense, magazines are usually very cheap if you subscribe to them, usually $1 or $2, compared to the $4 to $12 shelf price.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
This is is extra bad when you realize that the uber-users on this site probably use various phone features more than the general public. I wonder how lopsided a poll with the public would look.

cyks

macrumors 68020
Jul 24, 2002
Westchester County, NY
This is is extra bad when you realize that the uber-users on this site probably use various phone features more than the general public. I wonder how lopsided a poll with the public would look.
Actually, it'd probably be less lopsided. Most users here would find another method to read their news/ magazines, while the general public would eat up Newsstand for it's convenience.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Actually, it'd probably be less lopsided. Most users here would find another method to read their news/ magazines, while the general public would eat up Newsstand for it's convenience.
Hard to say, but I've yet to meet anyone in the real world who wanted to talk to me about Newsstand.

And everyone knows me as "the iPhone guy." I generally get a couple of iPhone questions per week from friends.

So either it's so amazingly simple that no one ever has a question, ever, or it's just not that popular. I'm just one guy, though, so maybe my sample of friends is flawed.

BJMRamage

macrumors 68020
Oct 2, 2007
Crap. I was thinking this was the iPad version.

I do NOT use the iPhone version. hardly any magazines are available on that which i can have on the iPAD.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.