Do you use the battery complication?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sflomenb, Oct 1, 2015.

?

Do you use the battery complication?

1. Yes

58 vote(s)
    58.6%
  2. No

41 vote(s)
    41.4%
  1. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

How many of you use the battery complication?

2. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

When I wore my AW I did at first, but after seeing that I could get through the day with power to spare, I removed it.

3. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Nope. Complication landscape is limited, and the battery has never failed me. Battery information is not beneficial to me.

4. musicpenguy macrumors 65816

Battery isn't something I worry about so no - on the odd occasion I want to check the battery widget on iOS 9 is the way I do it

5. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I do not because:

1. [​IMG]

and

2. Even if the watch completely died it's not the same as not having a working phone.

3. My watch lasts the entire day regardless of how much I use it so it's pointless to look at it.

6. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

7. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I did the first month or so, but the Watch has never died when I've been wearing it (apart from the first day, but that's probably understandable) so removed it in favour of Activity rings.

8. NavySEAL6 macrumors 6502a

I do, but it's become unnecessary as I charge every night. The only reason it's still there is I'm waiting for an awesome complication to take its place.

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

I do. Despite the fact my battery does last all day I still like to know how it's performing.

10. BarracksSi Suspended

BarracksSi

I did when I updated to OS2 and it went into low power mode during lunch. Used it to monitor the battery drain before and after un-pairing and re-pairing. Now that the battery drain is back to normal, I've removed the battery complication.

11. tillsbury macrumors 65816

Same as above. Used it, no longer bother as there are more interesting things to see and the battery never runs out.

12. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

I have it on one of the watch faces, but I have to go out of my way to see it.

13. Daki macrumors member

Daki

I have it on the modular face, but not on the others

14. friedmud macrumors 65816

I currently use it - but I'll give it up as soon as I have something better to put there.

I've been trying different complications (ETA, Citymapper, Dark Sky)... Dark Sky was an instant win and took over where the temperature complication was before... but I haven't found any of the rest worth overtaking the battery complication currently...

15. Sekelani macrumors 6502

Sekelani

It's funny, I've never seen the battery complication on my iPhone 6 Plus and 6s plus. I' don't have an Apple Watch and have gone into my notification menu and still can't find the widget.
    No idea how to configure it

16. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I have the modular face, so several places for complications. Dark Sky is one of them!

I have the battery complication, but could happily replace it. Will when I find something cool.

17. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

Hutch1

I have mine on but I just got my watch so was interested in the battery usage. I'll be in bed in a couple of hours and I'm still at 30% so I don't think I'll have battery issues.

18. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Just replaced with the timer, although I usually just tell Siri to set the timer.

19. dporter15 macrumors member

dporter15

I believe you need to have an apple watch in order for it to display on your iPhone. At least thats from personal experience.

20. sflomenb thread starter macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

The main point of the timer (and stopwatch) complication(s) is to be able to see it on the watch face, not necessarily to start it.
    This is correct. Having the batteries widget without an Apple Watch would be quite pointless, no?

21. OBirder macrumors regular

Actually it shows all Bluetooth devices e.g. external Bluetooth speaker, Bluetooth headset etc. and is valuable even without a watch.

I as well have used the battery complication only after launch and upgrade to OS2. Now I use the phone battery widget as well.

22. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

I don't use the battery complication for the same reason I do not use the battery percentage on my iPhone or Macbook - it's something to worry about.

You end up spending the day wondering whether you will have enough battery with 50% or 70% when really all you need is a general idea. When you start worrying about this stuff you may as well just use a PC or an Android because the beauty is lost when you can't just enjoy the device and get things done. It's like how Android users often check their current RAM usage and close applications to free up 0.02MB of their 4GB of ram.

The only time I feel it seems appropriate to use the percentages is when I am away from power and I am low on battery - cue Power Saving mode which provides the percentage (now for Macbook power saving mode..).

23. MMan5797 macrumors member

Same here. I eventually want to put something else in its spot

24. batristain macrumors 6502

batristain

OK I just updated my phone to OS 9.1 and reset the watch (not repair) and the battery appears to have stable again.....been at 99% for nearly an hour and that's much better than before - I was losing about 8-10% each hour regardless of notifications or "using" the watch.

Cheers,
    B

25. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    Most of my Apple Watch time I haven't, but I have for the past couple weeks (so I voted yes). The reason for the switch is because I've started using the modular watch face and I have complications to spare (until more 3rd party support), plus the past week I've started using sleep++ on Apple Watch to track my sleep. Because of this I've started keeping a closer eye on my battery life and usually charge it for about 30-45 minutes at night and about 30 minutes in the morning. But it'll certainly be one of the first to go if/when I find useful 3rd party complications.