Do you use the bluetooth in your mac?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Garemz, Jul 8, 2008.

1. Garemz macrumors regular

I never use the bluetooth in my mac, I think it should be an option in the future.

Yes I know it's a cheap option but apple charges a prime on it.

Just like their ram.

Cheers
    Gary

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use the Bluetooth wireless keyboard every day. I'd use a Bluetooth mouse, too, if Logitech would make a Bluetooth version of its VX Nano. I can't see that making Bluetooth an option would significantly change the price of a Mac, so why not include it, especially since more and more devices will be available as time goes by? That would also give competitors one more thing to claim: "Bluetooth is standard on our computers, but not on Macs!" Why take a step backwards? Adding Bluetooth isn't like adding RAM chips.

3. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

What do you mean they charge a premium? I thought it was standard in ALL consumer computers.

That's what I like about Apple, you pay a lot but you get everything you could ever need, no nickel and diming.

And yes I use it all the time to sync my phone, make ringtones, wireless headphones, and even some file transfer.

4. MojoWill macrumors 6502

i use it all day for my wireless keyboard and mighty mouse and to tether to my phone for the net!

5. teleromeo macrumors 65816

teleromeo

I have a wireless wacom tablet sitting aside my powerbook, most of the time I use the mouse that came with it. Also from time to time I have a customer that want prints of a bluetooth phone, I let them send then from behind the counter to my harddisk.

6. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

Keyboard & mouse
    Syncing with phone
    Sending & receiving files
    Bluetooth headset

It's invaluable

7. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

I do for my mouse, I use it to send pictures to my girlfriends phone and to sync her phone, can't use it for sending anything to my iPhone though.

8. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Yes, I use the built-in BlueTooth feature near enough every single day. Currently I'm typing to you via a BlueTooth Keyboard, navigating my way around the net with a replacement MightyMouse. Occasionally I send "start/stop" commands and change washing programs to our BlueTooth washing machine (yep, it has BlueTooth capability!). Also, I can tell the air-conditioner to activate, change it's thermo-settings. If anything, having BlueTooth on the computer is most definitely useful!

Personally, I wish I can make the IR port useful with my Keitai. If there's application out there then I don't know about it. Sadly. :(

Attached Files:

9. bertpalmer macrumors 6502

I don't really use it and could live without it but I like having the option of it being there if I need it.

Didn't think it was that expensive?

10. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I use it when I use our family's spare E61 if my iPhone isn't working and I need to transfer my contacts to it. Other than that, I can't say that I use it much, if at all.

I really wish you could pair the iPhone with Address Book like with some phones where you can send and receive calls and SMS on your Mac via BlueTooth pairing.

11. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Like someone said above, I use it for the wireless keyboard and would use it for the mouse if Logitech came out with a VX bluetooth!

12. DARKJ3DI macrumors regular

DARKJ3DI

i'm like you Gary, i don't use the bluetooth. I thought i could sync my phone and my mac with it but my phone just sends my macbook a 'contact sheet'? I use a wired mouse. Bluetooth is a great technology but it is pointless at the moment because devices that use it aren't that common :(.

13. 88888888 macrumors 6502a

hmm i use my mighty mouse and sometimes use my phone to sync stuff.

14. mox123 macrumors 6502

i only use bluetooth on my MBP to sync up with my cell phone using a nifty program called BluePhoneElite

15. BlaqkAudio macrumors 6502

I'm planning on getting the Razer Pro|Click Mobile mouse which uses bluetooth. Apparently it's good enough for casual gaming (a plus in my book).

16. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Aren't that common? You may want to check again. Just because a particular manufacturer doesn't make a particular device the way we like, there are still a great number of Bluetooth devices in use, as you can see in this thread. There are hundreds of mice, keyboards, headsets, microphones, cameras, cell phones and a host of other devices that all use Bluetooth technology. Just because you may not take advantage of a technology, doesn't mean it's not popular or useful, even vital, to millions of others.

17. kgeier82 macrumors 65816

x2

I use it ocassionally. For a MS 5000 notebook mouse. It works great.

As an option? no, i think that would be going in the wrong direction.

18. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

i used wireless mouse and sending photos off my old phone

19. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Use the BT keyboard and mouse with my MBP

Don't really understand the issue with this :confused:

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

20. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

WOW! thats awesome… only in Japan! :D

21. viggen61 macrumors 6502

I use the built-in BT on my MBP daily, now that I've set it up as a "desktop" and use the Apple Wireless Keyboard (white) and the Apple Wireless Mouse (Mighty).

Don't see any reason to drop it. It probably comes with the chipset from Intel anyway...

:apple::apple:

22. paola105 macrumors 6502

paola105

I use bluetooth all the time for the mighty mouse and sending files to/from my phone. It's a great feature! I only turn it off when I want to preserve battery life.

23. telecomm macrumors 65816

telecomm

Apple keyboard + Logitech mouse + mobile phone

24. ricpac macrumors member

BT for my tail-less Might Mouse and for my BlackBerry 8320 :p

25. erikistired macrumors 6502

erikistired

i use it almost every day for my BT mouse, and to move pictures off my phone every so often. much cheaper than texting them to my email.