Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xDKP

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2011
Denmark
That's the whole point the Apple Watch, is to be used as a shortcut from your iPhone and not having to result in looking at your iPhone as much. If the Apple Watch is not conveniencing you in that factor, then it likely isn't for you.

When I switched from Series 0 to Series 2, I had two weeks between the watches, where I had my trusty old mechanical on again. Must say it was crazy how big a difference it has been to me, to have notifications etc. on my wrist. It's making me look WAY less at my phone - and that's a great thing

Reactions: 44267547

GoSUV

macrumors regular
Nov 5, 2008
Hong Kong
I was never a watch guy and never owned any expensive watches - the ones that I used to own are Casio quartz watches with their plastic bands that harden and break off in a year or two, with no easy replacements found. Then I stopped wearing watches for years, especially during the dawn of the cell phone era where time is easy to tell, because every electronic device has a time function - not to mention I sit in front of a computer all day at work and the clock is always right there in your face.

But come the smart phone era and phones just got bigger. It is no longer easy to keep your phone clipped to your belt, so you either put it in your pants pocket or put it on your desk if you are working. When I work, I sometimes put on my headphones to keep distractions away. But one day, my phone was ringing on the desk, I was listening to my headphones and didn't realize it. My co-worker tapped on my shoulders, gestured to my phone to let me know it's ringing, the entire office could hear it ring (except me). After this embarassment, I knew I wanted a device that would notify me of phone calls, messages and chats without me attached to the phone all the time. Putting the phone in your pants pockets is uncomfortable to say the least, especially when you are sitting down.

Needless to say, I got the AW on launch day and never looked back.

P.S. The Apple sports bands are of such good quality that so far I haven't the need to replace one due to the plastic hardening and breaking off. Yet they are so easy to change for mixing and matching with clothes with different color.

Reactions: BarracksSi

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
When I switched from Series 0 to Series 2, I had two weeks between the watches, where I had my trusty old mechanical on again. Must say it was crazy how big a difference it has been to me, to have notifications etc. on my wrist. It's making me look WAY less at my phone - and that's a great thing

I can't speak for everyone, but aside from the notifications, it just feels really nice on my wrist. Almost like it was custom made for my wrist. And I the stainless model by the way.

Last edited:

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Now take that ridiculous case off and at least they would be equal.

Really? You don't like it? :(
[doublepost=1487355765][/doublepost]
I can see the point in a screen protector if you are in a manual job and don't want the Watch to become so scratched it's unusable.

These watches are throwaway gadgets with low resale value so I treat mine the same way I would a Casio. I don't baby it or worry about scratches personally.

Thank you so much!!

SparkFlash

macrumors 6502
Feb 15, 2013
Michigan
I do and love it. I love the driving stuff on my wrist. I love not having to pull my phone to see a text. I use it way more than I ever thought.

pedrowerner

macrumors regular
Aug 24, 2016
There's a fatal flaw on notifications when you receive more than one message at facebook or WhatsApp for example. You will receive two alerts which you won't be able do preview the messages, unlike when you review just one then you can see what's written

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.