Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
No. This was originally a concern of mine but after doing the research of a Ph.D I found out that the head comes from the hinge so does not touch the screen.

After reading the wiki page of the law of thermodynamics, I learned that heat spreads across the entire top of the mbp :)

Seniordan

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2013
Canada
The games that are at 720 definitely run at 60 FPS. Also, Xbox One is getting updated to the same MHz as PS4 so it'll be almost as good as the PS4.

----------

Dude are you serious? You are one lucky guy. I wish I could justify a nMP for Facebook :eek:

LOL. I'm picturing someone in the Apple store describing their needs as "something to check Facebook" and being sold a Mac Pro:D

Anyways, I just got a thunderbolt display yesterday (was using a 24" acer before) so I use my 2012 rMBP as a desktop connected to the thunderbolt when I'm home. Just got the Rain Design mStand as well yesterday, but contemplating returning it for a BookArc.

Hieveryone

macrumors 603
Original poster
Apr 11, 2014
USA
LOL. I'm picturing someone in the Apple store describing their needs as "something to check Facebook" and being sold a Mac Pro:D

Anyways, I just got a thunderbolt display yesterday (was using a 24" acer before) so I use my 2012 rMBP as a desktop connected to the thunderbolt when I'm home. Just got the Rain Design mStand as well yesterday, but contemplating returning it for a BookArc.

LOL

Genius: How can I help you today?

Rich looking customer: I'm looking for a computer that connect to the internet, I'm a socialite so I take my tweeting very seriously

Genius: I see, well we can't take any chances here. I suggest the octacore Mac Pro. It's right up your alley.

Rich looking customer: I see, I'll take 2.

Badrottie

Suspended
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles
Sounds nice but I don't plan to use my mid 2012 15" rMBP as desktop because I still have a windows 7 desktop PC for all of heavy work. :apple:

007p

macrumors 6502a
Mar 7, 2012
For people that do use it as a desktop, or regularly plug it into an external screen - do you leave the power plugged in?

If so - what is the heat like from the charger (heard the magsafe 2 can have heat problems?).

Is it not also harmful to the battery to do so? In terms of reducing the life of it.

Marrakas

macrumors 6502
May 23, 2012
I use it as a desktop, hooked up to a 27" cinema display.
It´s perfect for my use except from a relatively weak gaming performance. I don´t game as much as I used to, but if a new RMBP comes with the 850m I´ll gladly do the upgrade just to be able to play my favorite games.

imm22

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2008
Portugal
I use it as a desktop, hooked up to a 27" cinema display.
It´s perfect for my use except from a relatively weak gaming performance. I don´t game as much as I used to, but if a new RMBP comes with the 850m I´ll gladly do the upgrade just to be able to play my favorite games.

What Graphic Card do you have now?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.