Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Slate or convertible? (vote more than once, if applicable)

• As an 12.9” ipad user, slate.

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • As an 12.9” ipad user, convertible.

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • As an 11” or 10.5” ipad user, slate.

Votes: 13 54.2%
  • As an 11” or 10.5” ipad user, convertible.

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Not sure

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Other (leave comment)

Votes: 2 8.3%

• Total voters

littlepud

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
I want a Mac / iPad running Mac OS / iPad OS in the form factor of a Surface Book.

bensisko

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2002
The Village
How would you draw on a touchscreen macbook. art and notes drove the surface line and the introduction of
new form factors

I wouldn’t.
I don’t know that I would agree that art and notes drove the surface line, at least from the consumer perspective (I know that’s the angle Microsoft advertised). Drawing and writing notes seem to be a distant second to using the Surface as a touch screen laptop.

My comment was based on hearing forum users here. When they talk about their “dream iPad” it basically amounts to a touchscreen MacBook. Of course that varies from person to person, but in the discussions i’ve been part of on here a stylus isn’t even mentioned, it’s more about touch on macOS.

Basically i’m saying i’d rather Apple give people what they think they want on a macOS device instead of trying to make the iPad more Mac-like (because no matter how many macOS like features you add, people won’t be truest happy until they have macOS).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.