Do you wear your watch all day?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by profmatt, Sep 11, 2015.

1. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I really like my Apple Watch, but I tend to take it off when I get home as I find it's usually a bit sweaty and I find it a little heavy/uncomfortable. Maybe I just need to get used to it.

Do you wear yours all day long?

(Taking it off means I never get credit for 12 hours of standing up :( )

2. damonbus macrumors member

damonbus

Yes I wear mine all day except when I sleep and take a shower.

3. lionsy macrumors 6502

I take it off for showers and when I sleep, but I keep it on all day. I used to take it off when I got home but since I replaced the sport band with a leather one I keep it on until I go to bed, it's more comfortable :)

4. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I wear mine all day. Goes on when I get out of bed, goes off when I shower and go to sleep.

5. meikdunj macrumors member

Always take it off when I get home and leave it on the charger. No reason to wear it in the house.

6. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

Yes, I wear it from wake-up to bedtime. I used to have a heavier SS traditional watch that I took off when I got home from the office. One of the reasons that I picked the sport is that I liked the weight and comfort of the watch & band for all-day wear. I have a good SS link knock-off that I do like, but it is not as comfortable for extended wear due to the weight.

My preferred bands for comfort are sports and leather loops. They are practically weightless and allow the watch to rest comfortably without much movement. (Personally, I do not like the Milanese loop as much, because it is a little heavier and the weight causes the watch to move around more on my wrist.)

7. BSG75 macrumors regular

BSG75

Since I like to take advantage of the fitness tracking, I wear mine from the time I get up until I go to bed at night. I only take it off to shower and sleep.

8. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

9. matrix07 macrumors 68040

matrix07

Yup. From waking up to just before sleep.

10. nicho macrumors 68000

the milanese is technically lighter than all of the apple sport bands (although the material of the sports bands is less slippy i guess?)

OP have you tried the milanese loop? it's certainly very breathable and may help you not feel so sweaty at the end of the day

11. exxxviii macrumors 65816

exxxviii

No kidding... I did not know that. When I tried on a ML, it felt a lot heavier to me. I did a lot of A-B-C comparisons between the ML, LL, and sport bands before I settled on the bands I liked most. That is why the ML is one of the bands I do not own yet... but it is on my list for future acquisition.

12. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

I average 17 hours per day in stand credits. I put it on first thing in the morning and take it off as I climb into the bed at night. I am 50/50 on wearing it in the shower. I will but don't every time.

13. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

What band do you have? The Sport bands do not breathe whereas leather breathes, but how much you sweat also depends on how tight you wear it. If you have the link bracelet, try adding an extra link to the little finger side.

14. douglasf13 macrumors 65816

FYI, for those looking for a band that has the performance of rubber, but looks like leather, check out the Hirsch performance series. I've worn the James model on various watches, and it's great (you'll need 3rd party strap adapters for the watch.)

15. iDmac25 macrumors member

iDmac25

I wear mine all day. I put a leather band in the morning and swap it out with my sports band when I get home the charge it before I sleep. then do it all over again the next day

16. alexcue macrumors regular

alexcue

That's me, I have multiple bands for those sweaty days... I needed to take it off for the OS 2 update, and it felt so odd having it off.

17. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

From day one I wear it from after the morning shower till I go to bed and put it on the charger. Can't imagine taking it off around the house?:confused:

18. Enmanuel macrumors regular

Enmanuel

Same as most here, I put it on when I get up and take it off for showers and when im going to sleep. Interesting I never used to do that with my previous watches, I took those off as soon as I walked through the door, but the SS with sport band is very comfortable and not cumbersome at all. Also I like being able to leave the phone in my room while walking around the house and still getting notifications and replying to texts.

19. caligurl macrumors 68030

caligurl

I put mine on before I step out of bed in the morning (i'm really good at putting it on in the dark!)

I take it off while I shower, after my workout. (I rinse it off, dry it and put it on the charger.)

when i'm done in the shower and once it hits 100% charge I put it back on.

I don't take it off again until I go to bed. Then I put it on the charger over night.

I can't imagine taking it off when I'm home. I enjoy the fitness tracking. Plus, there have been more than a few times that I've gotten phone calls on my cell while doing dishes or other things around that house that I wouldn't have heard had I not had the watch on, tapping on my wrist!

20. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

I wear my watch all day and usually sleep with it for the silent alarm and sleep monitoring but I don't blame anyone for taking it off for sweat reasons. Sweat can lead to rashes and more.

If I meet all my goals (rings) by 6pm or so, I take it off until bedtime. I normally charge around 8-10 range and after workouts/showers.

21. Reno Raines macrumors 6502a

22. zetaplus93 macrumors regular

Yup, except when sleeping and showering.

I'm used to wearing traditional watches so the weight doesn't bother me, be it sports, ML, or link bracelet. It's quite light actually.

23. campingsk8er macrumors 6502

I literally wear mine from the second I wake up to right before I go to bed. I even wear mine when in the shower, doing dishes, swimming, and I've yet to have any problems *knocks on wood*

24. Mac2me macrumors 6502a

There are occasionally days when I don't put it on or get a late start and so it doesn't go on until then, but for the most part it's on from the time I get up (do not wear in shower) and go for coffee until I'm ready to go to bed and brush my teeth. Since that's something you do routinely daily at night, that's my reminder to clean the band and put on the charger. On those few days I don't wear it, I do feel like something's missing. Oh and then there's the times when my Watch gets kidnapped by my husband to wear on his walks. That's become a rather frequent event lately.

25. joonyaboy macrumors regular

joonyaboy

Only during the day so I don't miss any notifications.