Dock Theme from iphone now

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MBX, Jan 15, 2008.

1. MBX macrumors 65816

2. Resist macrumors 68030

I am very disappointed with the new dock! Hey Apple are you listening?

3. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

I LOVE the new dock. It's very nice and fits right in to the new updates. :cool:

4. WolfgangK macrumors member

Can I ask how the new Dock fits better with the new updates than the Leopard style dock???

I have the complete opposite opinion...just curious. I don't understand why the iPhone would not have gotten the transparent dock.

:confused:

5. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

I think it looks fine. Though the original looks better I don't think it looks bad.....it's more like an iPhone now which is what most people bitch about on a daily basis.

6. Resist macrumors 68030

Toxicbomber are you serious? The new dock totally sucks! There is to much silver/gray.

7. megatronbomb macrumors regular

megatronbomb

8. WolfgangK macrumors member

I don't understand why so many want their Touches to look like iPhones. They are both great devices, and respective owners should be proud of each and their distinct qualities. JMO.

I still don't see how the new Dock is in any way more attractive than the Leopard Dock.

9. cjmal macrumors 6502

I personally think the iPod Touch dock looks much nicer than the iPhone's.

10. Nemisis macrumors member

I agree...I do not like the new look nearly as much as I like the old look.

However, it's obvious they want the iPod to look as much like the iPhone as possible...Which I guess I understand. But I wish they would not have changed the dock.

11. toxicbomber macrumors 6502a

Yes, very serious! It's my own opinion. Apple chooses what they think is the best and most elegant type of UI. This is a step forward I think. :apple:

12. rascal2u macrumors member

Design issues with tech upgrades will haunt your waking life faster and more often than ever...lol!

Honestly...how many of you are seeking counseling over Leopard's break with past OS X wallpapers? Or XP vs. Vista? Registry Mechanic '05 vs. '07?

Mustang '67 vs. Mustang '71?

I believe that we can cope with these seismic shifts in our daily lives, God Willing! :cool:

13. Resist macrumors 68030

Well then both of you have no taste!

14. WolfgangK macrumors member

OK. well, I updated...I'd still prefer the transparent dock. However...the new one is better than I thought. I thought it was just going to be this grey bar, but is actually a brushed-metal grate kinda thing, which at least looks thought-out. I can live with it in the end, considering the new features.

15. Resist macrumors 68030

How does that make is thought out? For crying out loud, the orginal dock was thought out much better. The Touch uses a black tone to the front of it, even the edge. This is unlike the iPhone. The iPhone dock is out of place for the design tone of the Touch. Which is why the Leopard dock look fit in much better.

16. andrewag macrumors 6502

If you add new apps and web apps to the home screen it would look too crowed and you wouldn't be able to distinguish what is in the dock.

Makes sense even though at first i hated it.

17. Resist macrumors 68030

Why does the Touch or iPhone even need a dock? If now you can move the icons around then it seems to me the dock is pointless. So for this very reason Apple should bring back the original dock.

18. MBX thread starter macrumors 65816

i think the reason why they nixed the reflective floor is that previously you couldn't move the icons, so these 4 icons had a reflective graphic in the icon. because now you can move all icons in and out each icon would need to contain a reflection for the switch, since it's not a realtime effect like in leopard.

i still think they could've done this a bit nicer. a bit more sleek, something with highlights like a coverflow ui as the dock or something.

19. Bowlerguy10 macrumors 6502

What right do you have in telling people they have no taste and that this dock sucks? It's their own freaking opinion and if you cannot respect it then don't post. Stop being an idiot and let people decide for themselves because god forbid we like something you don't it shouldn't be an issue.......

20. Resist macrumors 68030

Whatever.....either way, again, there now is no reason to even have a dock. What is the point of the dock anyway? Four icons you use the most. Like it's that hard to touch anywhere on the thing. And besides now that we can move the icons around, all we have to do is move them to the bottom without it being a dock. So there is no point to having an "official dock" any longer.

21. Resist macrumors 68030

Actually each icon wouldn't need a reflection for a switch as no reflection is needed at all for the other icons to work. But the reflection could be added once an icon is placed at the bottom row.

22. phoxrenvatio macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

it's just the dock... Lighten up would ya?

23. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Introducing The iPhone Dock - Now on ipod touch too

Just incase anyone hasn't seen it on the ipod touch yet ...

Personally I like it. :)

Attached Files:

24. bladednuisance macrumors newbie

I like the original better, and whats wrong with a little uniquality?

iPod does not need to look like iPhone, the only reason anybody wants the iPhone dock is so that people may think it is an iPhone, instead...

I just hope it will become customizeable at some point (hopefully soon, cuz ugly beast has got to go!).

25. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

I like the old one better, but the new one is cool too.

[​IMG][​IMG]