Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
My wife was breast feeding our daughter in the pubic library (the children's section) and another lady came over and actually complained to her saying;
"I don't appreciate having to look at your private body parts naked in a public place" my wife was embarrassed but I was furious, my wife was being discreet (because she wanted to not for anybody else's benefit) and was sat in a corner already. I turned and said "You'd better leave now then 'cause I'm getting my cock out next!" ***king cheek!

So she went off and complained to a member of the library staff. I saw the staff member walking over from her desk and thought this is going to get ugly if they start pissing me off over the feeding of our baby.

The staff member came over and offered my wife a cup of tea and a biscuit and found her out a pillow to rest baby on too:) Restored my faith in people a little that did.

L

Lau

mpw said:
"You'd better leave now then 'cause I'm getting my cock out next!"

Best response ever.

Glad to hear the librarian was a good egg. :)

Edit: DCV, I feel positively ashamed I missed that. :eek:

madog

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2004
Korova Milkbar
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

I can't really describe my hatred for these puritanical, anal, and otherwise offensive people who scorn natural habits of every human being on the face of the earth.

"Oh my GOD! That baby is EATING! From a BREAST! And in PUBLIC nontheless! BUUUURRNNN HER! BURN THE WITCH!"

And here I am, actually thinking we are progressing as a species.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Abstract said:
I think there are a lot of illiterate people here, even if they manage to read and post on this board.

I don't get it....are you making fun of me?

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I'm apalled that our government would actually encourage this behavior. http://www.4woman.gov/breastfeeding/index.cfm?page=home
Young children making skin to skin contact with a bare breast! Shocking I tell you!

Where's John Ashcroft when you need him? He'd find a way to keep things under wraps.

This is the only pair of cans my kids will ever eat from. Actually both boys breastfed well beyond 12 months and were only completely weaned after 24 mo.

baby_formula.jpg

B

BoyBach

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2006
mpw said:
My wife was breast feeding our daughter in the pubic library (the children's section) and another lady came over and actually complained to her saying;
"I don't appreciate having to look at your private body parts naked in a public place" my wife was embarrassed but I was furious, my wife was being discreet (because she wanted to not for anybody else's benefit) and was sat in a corner already. I turned and said "You'd better leave now then 'cause I'm getting my cock out next!" ***king cheek!

That would have given her something to complain about :eek:

mpw said:
So she went off and complained to a member of the library staff. I saw the staff member walking over from her desk and thought this is going to get ugly if they start pissing me off over the feeding of our baby.

The staff member came over and offered my wife a cup of tea and a biscuit and found her out a pillow to rest baby on too:) Restored my faith in people a little that did.

Well done, the librarian!

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
welshandrew said:
That would have given her something to complain about :eek: ....
Oh I don't know, I've never had any complaints before;)

And yes that was an innocent typo....;)

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
I'm surprised no one has touched on this yet, but if memory serves, proper etiquette requires that a woman in public not excuse herself to breastfeed, provided that it's done discreetly, i.e. toss a napkin over the area or something similar so the exposed parts are down to a reasonable minimum. Oh wait, I forgot, we Americans are a bunch of uncultured baboons. :rolleyes:

Like many others here, I don't see the problem. The kid's gotta eat, and it's a lot more natural and better for the baby and mother than a bottle of preprocessed formula. Oh wait, I forgot, natural bad, commercial good.

That being said, here's a funny picture for your amusement:
nice-headlights.jpg

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
killuminati said:
I don't get it....are you making fun of me?

I'm taking this as sarcasm as well. Bravo, you did it! ;)

balamw said:
I'm apalled that our government would actually encourage this behavior. http://www.4woman.gov/breastfeeding/index.cfm?page=home
Young children making skin to skin contact with a bare breast! Shocking I tell you!

B

Yes, clearly these women are taking sexual advantage of their children.....forcing children into getting used to sexual acts at a young age. For shame.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
While we're on the subject... yesterday I noticed something about the new t-shirt I bought the other day.

Attachments

• dragons2.jpg
    dragons2.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 74

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
I don't understand why people get so upset about a nice bust. I sometimes find myself staring at busts in public places. Generally at museums.

bust.jpg

asphalt-proof

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2003
Magrathea
mpw said:

My wife had a similar experience on an airplane. She had to feed my 4 month old daughter and the woman next to her looked at her disgustedly and asked her if she could do it another time. My wife said sure, "She can wait three hours. But SHE"S A BABY! She'll be hungry and not understand why her MOTHER won't feed her." The funny thing is that these complaints seem to be coming exclusively from women. Why are they so hung up on their bodies natural functioning? I understand why women get hung up on their physical appearance because of media images, expectations, etc. But this (breastfeeding) has nothing to do with body image (usually). The other odd thing is that they are so vocal. Much more vocal than women who complain about media images.
I don't find it disgusting. This is going to sound weird, but I am envious that my wife can do this. To feel that closeness with the baby is something I will never have. Of course, after a few months Jenn is ready to pull the plug on the feedings because she begins to feel like a cow.

savanahrose

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2006
greer SC
Why be offended by it? It is a perfectly natural thing to do as a mammal. That is how they fed their babies in the past. When a woman could not breastfeed their child they found a wet nurse. There is nothing wrong with that picture on the cover. It is just a natural function that us women are lucky enough to be able to do.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I'm not offended by women nursing their babies, no. This graphic though... I wouldn't want it in the General Public for little kids to see who aren't old enough to understand what is going on. So with this graphic, I'd say they need to remove that magazine and do a different cover. As for seeing a woman sitting on a bench breast feeding, that's fine with me.

L

Lau

slooksterPSV said:
...I wouldn't want it in the General Public for little kids to see who aren't old enough to understand what is going on...

What's wrong with that? Little kids will know what's going on if they've been breastfed or seen siblings or other babies being fed, and even if not, what's wrong with explaining it to them if they ask?

I bet most kids wouldn't even glance at it anyway, because they wouldn't see anything wrong with it.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Lau said:
What's wrong with that? Little kids will know what's going on if they've been breastfed or seen siblings or other babies being fed, and even if not, what's wrong with explaining it to them if they ask?

I bet most kids wouldn't even glance at it anyway, because they wouldn't see anything wrong with it.
I dunno, there's something about that picture that I dunno... I mean I'm very open minded, but there's something about that picture that I'm just not sure if I'd want visible.

mpw

Jun 18, 2004
slooksterPSV said:
I dunno, there's something about that picture that I dunno... I mean I'm very open minded, but there's something about that picture that I'm just not sure if I'd want visible.
What? *tempted to post a picture of my cock just to piss you off*

I can't believe people have a problem with breast on display at all even for commercial gain or just the plain old pleasure of a nice boob, but to have a problem with a breast doing the sole purpose it has evolved for :confused:

What else are you afraid of??

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
slooksterPSV said:
I wouldn't want it in the General Public for little kids to see who aren't old enough to understand what is going on.
You're making a classic mistake there. Children don't sexualise breasts like adults do. For them a breast is just a body part, like an arm. Any inhibitions they get about breasts later is learned from adults telling them that they shouldn't be seen.

Don't project your own discomfort. Children really don't care.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
mpw said:
What? *tempted to post a picture of my cock just to piss you off*

I can't believe people have a problem with breast on display at all even for commercial gain or just the plain old pleasure of a nice boob, but to have a problem with a breast doing the sole purpose it has evolved for :confused:

What else are you afraid of??
I'm fine with it. I'm fine with breast feeding in the public and fine with that image. Just kind of an initial response or something.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
dynamicv said:
You're making a classic mistake there. Children don't sexualise breasts like adults do. For them a breast is just a body part, like an arm. Any inhibitions they get about breasts later is learned from adults telling them that they shouldn't be seen.
You're absolutely right, and I understand and recognize this. I'm fine with the image (see posts... 123? and 120?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.