Does anybody else NOT have a single problem with their macbook??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by Dairyman, Jan 15, 2009.

?

do you have any issues

1. yes it isnt as good as i thought

19 vote(s)
    15.3%
  2. nope this computer is amazing

105 vote(s)
    84.7%
  1. Dairyman macrumors member

People like to come on the forum and complain about what is wrong with the macbook or how apple messed up but I have not seen a single computer that I would even consider over my alum macbook

its flawless never a single problem for me!

2. Prekesh macrumors regular

Prekesh

i've had my white macbook for a while now, no problems, ever. and i use it a lot, like 6-7 hours a day.

3. shady825 macrumors 68000

shady825

Got mine right at launch and NO problems what so ever. Everything is perfect like it should be.

4. GfulDedFan macrumors 65816

GfulDedFan

Happy to say that my First Gen MacBook runs wonderfully. My Ram Door could use a couple new screws because they're stripped but that's about it.

5. maximumsportz macrumors regular

Got mine in this week from the apple online store and very happy with it. NO slant keys, dead pixels, loose bat cover...etc.. can't find anything else wrong with it seems to run PERFECT!!

6. jonaz macrumors newbie

Maybe it works good now ....

My mid-2007 white 2.0 Mhz MacBook ran great, until the 1 year warranty period ended. It now overheats and shuts down with annoying irregularity, typically under high CPU activity. (I had a terrible time doing an initial Time Machine backup on a new external HD. Movies are a problem.) I think the problem is the cooling fan(s?) -- it does not work. I think the source of the problem is in the SMC bios. It is quite likely that whatever was wrong started prior to the warranty period expiration but I did not notice it and the Apple Hardware test did not disclose it. The computer runs great 90% of the time, but ....

If you don't have Applecare and your Mac is less than 1 year old, get it! I used to think that if a computer worked for the first 24 hours, it would likely go on forever. That was true with all of the old IBM's that I ever owned or managed, but not with the MacBooks! Check the forums -- there are a lot of 'heat' issues out there. At least with Applecare, (God, I hate to have to say this!) you have a 3 year window to get the 'hidden' problems fixed.

7. priller macrumors regular

8. penfool macrumors newbie

just wish it would talk to my creative zen - thats why i've still got my old dell...

9. forwarddrew macrumors newbie

ive had my whitebook for a year and a half and i have no problems,
    actually i have a slight crack in the case but i put some black tape over that, it gives it character.

10. 101at9 macrumors member

101at9

I havent had a single problem and have no complaints with my aluminum macbook. Its the best computer i've ever owned and ever used.

Is it ok to leave it on all the time or should I shut it down at night?

11. Sareth macrumors member

I've been through 3 alu macbooks, all of which had issues with the glass front.

1) dust/ glass shard ? (it shimmered)
    2) huge splotch of something I'd rather not know what it was.
    3) streak marks on right hand side of glass like a badly washed window.

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

maybe you should edit the options of the poll to something a little less narrow....

13. LaJaca macrumors regular

LaJaca

Love my late 08 aluminum Macbook.

Though the edges are a little sharp.

14. Cboss macrumors 6502

It's fine to let it sleep at night. I usually turn it off, but just to save a little power.

15. H$R macrumors 6502

H$R

My white Macbook which I bought last march is getting it's first crack on the palm rest. It's just a 1 cm wide right now and didn't got any bigger for the last few weeks. I think I will get a new cover if it gets more cracks in the future.

But everything else is pretty much as expected. Though OS X 10.5 had a few issues sometimes (wireless, waking up from sleep etc.) but most of the things are gone since 10.5.6.

I think the aluminium is a good step forward, (especially because of the cracks the plastic models have)

16. Theophany macrumors 6502a

Theophany

My white poly macbook is immaculate. No scuffs, scratches, breaks, cracks, fractures, loose hinges, broken keys, dead pixels, faulty ports, damaged features. Personally, I think aluminium was a massive step forward in terms of ruggedness and dependability.

Maybe I'm just one from the lucky batch though (20th November - 3rd December '06 according to coconutBattery).

17. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

I've had my white MB for over two years, not a single problem or complaint. Never had to take it in for service (I bought Applecare for it).

18. snberk103 macrumors 603

Me thinks you may have missed the point of the thread?:)

OK, I don't have a MB but.... I have an iBook G4 that I'm waiting to give to someone. And a MBP that replaced the iBook. Both work flawlessly, and I have no complaints. They have been, for me at least, what Apple is striving for. They just work.

19. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

100% perfect.....no problems at all...............

20. cogsinister macrumors 6502a

My whitebook did the same thing and that was a dead fan, but i had only had it about 3 months and it was fixed by Apple.......

21. Your5335 macrumors member

I brought one after saving for up a year, and waited and waited for the new Aluminum MacBook and then bought it the day they came out. And I got it with no problems at all. One of the best computers I've ever invested.:D

22. yousoldtheworld macrumors member

yousoldtheworld

it's great.

I have no issues with mine, and coming from an iBook G4...well, it is just incredible.

23. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

First one received had a bad screen; it dimmed intermittently. The one they swapped it out for has been flawless. I love this little aluminum machine. :D

24. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

The speaker on the left isn't working. Found that out last weekend, when I thought the balance was off. Dragged the balance slider to the left, but heard nothing. Checked again in Vista (Boot Camp) to see if it was a software or hardware problem. Alas, it's definitely hardware. Only some cracking noises coming from the left. And I thought my MacBook was perfect! I need it really badly right now, though, so I have no time to get it fixed. Will bring it in once this hectic period is over.

25. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Wouldnt that be the abient light sensor?