Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

do you have any issues

• yes it isnt as good as i thought

Votes: 19 15.3%
  • nope this computer is amazing

Votes: 105 84.7%

• Total voters

cogsinister

macrumors 6502a
Aug 24, 2006
Fredericton NB Canada
The speaker on the left isn't working. Found that out last weekend, when I thought the balance was off. Dragged the balance slider to the left, but heard nothing. Checked again in Vista (Boot Camp) to see if it was a software or hardware problem. Alas, it's definitely hardware. Only some cracking noises coming from the left. And I thought my MacBook was perfect! I need it really badly right now, though, so I have no time to get it fixed. Will bring it in once this hectic period is over.

That kinda sucks..............

acfusion29

macrumors 68040
Nov 8, 2007
Toronto
Not sure if this was mentioned, but I don't feel like reading and just answering to the topic :p

When people have problems, they will complain and post.. there are millions of satisfied customers that DON'T post and praise a product because they don't want to.

tiagoafsanches

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
Macbook 80ºC

My :apple: macbook sometimes goes up to 78ºC because of some process unknown to me. Does anyone knows what "php" process is? I can't seem to force quit it! I'm just using Adium and uTorrent and it runs perfectly, but sometimes it starts heating and the fan goes to 6200rpm.
Can this be some kind of virus? I have recently installed Norton on this machine and run the complete checkup. :confused:
Thanks for the help!

Macbook 2GHz Intel Core Duo :: 10.5.6

tdream

macrumors 65816
Jan 15, 2009
Only two choices in the poll? How very mac-esque :D

If I made the poll, the third choice would be, yes there are issues and yes I can live with them. And mayble a fourth, yes there are issues, but I still love the damn thing!

I would choose the latter. :)

It's the screen, I know it could be better but once you get into it, the concern fades away and I'm just enjoying too damn much. Aluminium casing, OSX, multitouch trackpad, keyboard and the way the hard drive doesn't churn like mad when you're doing nothing! Probably the number 1 feature :D

jav6454

macrumors Core
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
People like to come on the forum and complain about what is wrong with the macbook or how apple messed up but I have not seen a single computer that I would even consider over my alum macbook

its flawless never a single problem for me!

[mortal kombat narrator voice] Flawless victory [/mortal kombat narrator voice] Perfect MB here.

WinkWink726

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Pittsburgh Area, PA
When people have problems, they will complain and post.. there are millions of satisfied customers that DON'T post and praise a product because they don't want to.

You are SO right! Its like the Service Industry.
Take bars/restaurants for example... if someone goes somewhere and has a good experience, they tell 2-3 people; if they've had a bad one, they tell on the average, 10 people!
Sad!

My MacBook is very new still but so far nothing yet.
The screen looks great;
No operational issues;
the battery is great so far (getting 5+ hours out of the thing!!!!);
any questions that i've had so far (about stupid stuff, the ambient light sensor, different apps, etc.) have been easily answered here!

I'm pretty happy so far!
I hope that this computer kicks butt as much as my PB G4 (but faster, LOL) ;)

Sareth

macrumors member
Jan 5, 2009

My :apple: macbook sometimes goes up to 78ºC because of some process unknown to me. Does anyone knows what "php" process is? I can't seem to force quit it! I'm just using Adium and uTorrent and it runs perfectly, but sometimes it starts heating and the fan goes to 6200rpm.
Can this be some kind of virus? I have recently installed Norton on this machine and run the complete checkup. :confused:
Thanks for the help!

I'm pretty new as well but at an educated guess I'd say you would probably get a better response by putting this in another thread, possibly even in another section.

nickXedge

macrumors 6502
Feb 13, 2008
Long Island
There needs to be a middle choice. I voted for the perfect one but I don't totally agree with that, but it's closer to my experience.

There should be a choice: It's really good, but not perfect, I've had a few minor issues.

That sums up my experience thus far.

tiagoafsanches

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2009
I'm pretty new as well but at an educated guess I'd say you would probably get a better response by putting this in another thread, possibly even in another section.

I'll try moving it to another section. Sorry, i've know this forum for a couple years but i've sign up recently! Tks anyway

shiftmx05

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2007
My second alu macbook (first one had crooked keys) but other than that runs like a charm. Love it and have had many great comments about it in my classes.

msjones

macrumors 6502
Oct 18, 2007
Nottinghamshire, UK

Thanks for the help!

Do you by any chance have the php/mysql server running on your MB? When PHPMyAdmin is running it displays as PHP in the processes list.

petermcphee

macrumors 6502a
Aug 20, 2008
My MB is great. I use it all the time, but I still admire how good it looks. It has a pretty good blend of form/function. I am pleased.

ai4281

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2008
My Macbook is doing really good after 5 months.

I do have a problem with iTunes not supporting Korean... It shuts down once in a while when I'm searching Korean songs. But that's a software issue, not my MB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.