Does anybody know where I can download the iPhone 1.0.2 update?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sdao, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Sdao macrumors 6502

please post a link if you know where i can download 1.0.2. firmware, i need to restore my iphone but i dont want 1.1.1.

2. mpuck972 macrumors 6502

mpuck972

I get the feeling you will not be alone!

3. Sdao thread starter macrumors 6502

4. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

let us know if it works

arn

5. Scottyk9 macrumors 6502a

6. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

7. moseman23 macrumors newbie

losing ability to use unactivated SIM, running 1.0.1

I bought my wife an IPhone, and activated with her existing AT&T SIM; she did not like the EDGE, so I deactivated. Since then I have used IFuntastic to Jailbreak the iPhone once or twice, and noticed for some reason this week that the Iphone began recognizing my work AT&T SIM (it has EDGE). Today I thought I would try the Installer.App third party apps, but after I installed it the IPhone started seeing my work SIM as incorrect. How do I get the device to see my SIM? Will a regular Restore do it?

8. Sdao thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey Arn,

I havent tried it yet, but here's what im going to do.

I have a brand new iPhone, in order to unlock it you need firmware version 1.0.2 and you can restore your phone to 1.0.2. by holding down "ALT" when clicking "Restore" after plugging in your iPhone to your iTunes.

So, im going to try and unlock my phone with that firmware via modmyiphone's walkthrough (which has always worked).

Sound good? I mean, im not using 1.1.1 so I shouldnt have any problems, the old unlocking method should work as long as I use the firmware it was designed for, right?

9. ellsworth macrumors 6502a

I have the update file, I just don't have directions on updating your iphone. Let me know if I can help..

10. ghernagon macrumors newbie

ghernagon