Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lienhart

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2013
Mods. I would say its appropriate to create a sub forum titled "People who can't make their own decision and need validation from other people who can't make decisions" for these types of threads. These threads are taking a toll on the home page.

Actually I was just curious on what others thought. It does not affect my opinion thank you very much macrumors user "iphone5preorder" (how creative!)

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Looks awesome in some pictures and horrific in others. I'll see it in person first. But as for now I am leaning silver.

iCore24

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan
I really like Gold, but is it too feminine?

I asked some people, and said it looks like its for women? What do you guys think? I think the home button looks really cool in Gold :cool:

KeepCalmPeople

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2012
Los Angeles, California
My Mrs. wants a gold 5S. I think it looks good, but I'd probably get the black if I was buying this year.
The gold color is going to be a hit in the Middle East. Only people there will be buying iPhones with real gold shells from enterprising third parties.

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Everything I read is that the gold version was really made more for the Asian/Middle East markets & less for the US market.

iz2sick

macrumors 6502
Oct 19, 2011
Can never understand this logic. I guess guys should never where white clothes and gold jewelry.

Me? I'm going gold. Go ahead and make fun of me for it too. Just don't do it in my face or that gold phone you're making fun of might end up being a part of your anatomy.

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Aftermarket gold coating is big business

The gold iPhone is going to attract the celebrities, sports stars and socialites.

Good move by apple because they will get photographed using it which is free marketing to millions.

Not that you dont see iphones everywhere but gold would stand out and more likely to fit with the narrow minded perceptions young impressionables have of these people.

carelesswhisper

macrumors member
Jan 29, 2011
I like it. I have the white 4S now and would have gotten the "slate gray" just for the contrast but I really do like the gold.

Iphone5preorder

macrumors 6502a
Sep 20, 2012
Im Getting gold! Don't get it people. It's for losers!

(Hopes some tards change their mind to increase chance of me getting one next Friday )

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.