Does anyone at Apple read these posts?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Kanunu, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Kanunu macrumors 6502

Per title:confused:

It would be nice to think we are not just pissing into the wind.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Nobody can know for sure but personally I highly doubt that they do.

3. adder7712 macrumors 68000

adder7712

4. tblrsa macrumors regular

Maybe. This is an open board, so anyone can read it.

5. Kanunu thread starter macrumors 6502

Posting on Apple Support Communities

Maybe it would be more productive to cross post some of these complaint on the Apple site. Only thing is Apple is notoriously Puritanical and would not allow a lot of the postings we see here.

I did do a quick check on a topic that interested me, namely that Mission Control does not show minimized windows. There was a posting and I intend to follow up for a few days to see if there are any Apple staff comments.

6. btbrossard macrumors 6502a

I think the point of the forum is to ask other users about problems and look for solutions.

For threads that do nothing but complain, that really doesn't do much.

Apple almost certainly has better things to do than read MacRumors posts.

However, if you really want to tell Apple how you feel, try here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

7. wpotere Guest

I'm willing to bet they do have people scrubbing these forums. When I was running a MINI (car) site, we had two people from BMW on them. They would never say they were, but on several occasions we noticed the IP addresses that they were surfing from were registered to the BMW in Oxford. Once confronted they admitted it and asked us to keep it quite. These forums are a wealth of information for new ideas and to help resolve issues, why wouldn't you want to have your company monitor it?

8. baryon macrumors 68040

baryon

Of course they read the forums. They actually enjoy it! They build annoying features and remove useful ones just to see us suffer! :D

MacRumors should do an IP scan to see if there's any from Apple (if there would be a way to identify them). I'm kidding, I don't think that will ever happen!

9. Jagardn macrumors 6502a

If they do read the posts, they would realize that they can't make everyone happy. :rolleyes:

10. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

11. ngenerator macrumors 68000

ngenerator

I think there's a maintained list of Apple IP addresses on iblocklist's website. Idk when it was last updated though.

12. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I know there were a few from Microsoft who used to assist some with Office issues, but I am not aware of anyone directly from Apple identifying themselves on the Forum. Doesn't mean there isn't someone.

However, if you have anything to say to Apple, the place to do it is on their Feedback Forms, not here. That is the only way to ensure they get your feedback.

As stated above, the Forum's strength is to create a community where you can get help on issues you are facing or discuss upcoming rumors, not offer feedback to Apple.

13. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

The Microsoftee (Natalie and a few others I think?) usually pop up around Office updates, both service packs and major releases, to make sure things are going smoothly, and offer any assistance.

My gut reaction is that Apple would be naive to not browse around here, but they keep quiet. There's a few posters who seem to have had extensive knowledge of Apple's inner workings, but they've left...

14. glen e macrumors 68030

No they don't.....piss away.....

And they certainly don't post, as they can't win....

15. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Apple employees are under NDA, that is why they have to keep quiet. Several accounts have been guested (i.e. disabled) by users' request because they started working for Apple. I think part of the NDA is that they are not allowed to have an account in Apple related forums, or at least they are not allowed to talk anything there. Of course, this doesn't apply to all Apple employees, only the ones with access to secret data (i.e. Apple retail store staff might not have to sign NDA since they get no secret info). I know at least one member who used to be a tier 1 Apple technician and he had an MR account for the whole time and still uses it frequently (he said he didn't have to sign NDA).

16. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

I would guess yes. It makes good business sense. I'd have a dedicated group to pour over sights such as MR, as well as competitive sights, for additional insight on end user concerns, ideas, suggestions, etc. Just my .02 worth.

17. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

18. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I would say that some Apple employees do probably lurk here but you would never see them post. I doubt very seriously though that Apple as a company makes it a policy to monitor these boards. Now their own support forums, that is an entirely different matter.

19. mrapplegate macrumors 68030

Most probably spend their time monitoring their own public forum.
    The engineers often respond to posts in the developer forum.

20. Dogger macrumors member

Retail employees are under an NDA, my son works in Apple retail. (and is loving it by the way :)