Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
Because when they see a person with an iPad they know that the person spend lots of money on a device that a lot of people still don't think is worth buying.

It's the Apple brand which is popular beyond compare that has people look at you and think that your probably a crazy fanboy lugging his iPad around instead of the normal college students with laptops.

iPads are becoming more aware when it comes to education and slowly being an ideal winner in using for education in different aspects.

bniu

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2010
I would take my iPad almost everywhere I went if I didn't feel like such a jerk for doing that. Every time I whip it out in public I feel like I'm making people believe that I'm just showing it off to brag that "I have an iPad." What's worse is that I'm in college so the student to iPad ratio is probably around 2000/1. Not good. I would love to be in the library reading a book off of it, but I just feel like an ass. Does this happen to anyone else?

iPad is a tool, not a status symbol. Why do other people's opinions matter to you? It's a great device to read books from and should be used, not kept under covers. This is 2012, no one is jealous about iPads anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.