does anyone else get pissed off...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rook02, Jun 30, 2010.

1. rook02 macrumors newbie

Does anyone else get pissed off when you call apple explaining them the issue with signal reception and how it is affecting your life and the only thing the CR rep keeps saying is "hold the phone properly." Who is she to determine what the proper way to hold a phone is? I have been holding a phone this way all my life and have never had a problem before. Also just to clarify, I was not asking for a free bumper or any sort of compensation. All I want is this issue to be resolved and the least apple could do is address that it is an issue and they are working on it. Apple is really starting to piss me off.

2. Alphaspida macrumors member

3. mrFinder macrumors member

you fanboys are ignorant. yes it does piss me off, and rightfully so. downgrading is not the solution. that's a really dumb thing to even say. holding my old 3GS with my left did not cause a drop in signal, nor should my iPhone 4. End of discussion. It absolutely should NOT happen and the fact that Apple is telling us to "hold it differently" is absurd.

4. Alphaspida macrumors member

Seems like you're the ignorant one.

Enjoy not having an iPhone 4

5. crismatt macrumors newbie

After 45 mins with Apple - dropped the call!!!

yes, and they didn't even call me back! So I called again the next day and there was NO RECORD of my previous call. This is the second phone I have because the first one had numerous problems including a speaker that didn't work and they gave me a new phone. Now, I get very poor reception and can't even hold a call! Going to the genius bar again tomorrow and demanding a new phone! If it doesn't work - it's going back! The main purpose of a phone is to make calls- I'm afraid to make a call on this phone because it's dropping all my calls! I'm so disappointed in this phone!

6. Flash69 macrumors regular

Yes it does piss me off. I had an Apple CS keep repeating the "script" that was posted yesterday. I told him he didn't have to say it, as I had already read it.

He just kept repeating it until he really pissed me off. Apple is very delusional to think people will just stop reporting a problem.

Another thing pissing me off is all these "fanboys" that say there is nothing wrong with the phone because their 1 phone is fine. Well guess what. 1 person reporting no problems does not mean 1.7 million other folks are not having problems.

I love my iphone 4 and think it's far better than any other phone on the market, however my phone does have reception problems. If a PHONE cannot make PHONE calls then it does not matter how great anything else about the PHONE is; it fails as a PHONE. Remember folks the #1 reason for an iPHONE is to make PHONE calls.

</rant>

7. rook02 thread starter macrumors newbie

the other thing that pissed me off is that this CR b**** kept correcting me when I called it a problem or issue. She kept saying it is not a problem, it is not an issue. The phone is perfect, it's how it was designed. And then when I suggested going back to the apple store to exchange it, she said not to waste my time because every phone will have the same thing because it is how I am holding it. Really, way to put all the blame on me...

8. mrFinder macrumors member

uhm...good one? do me a favor, go look up the word ignorant in the dictionary and then come back here.

9. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

I'm sorry, did you want them to instantly and permanently fix a design flaw, what, magically? Don't you think they would do that if they could? Do you think they have a button somewhere that they can just push and instantly fixes a hardware flaw in your phone? Here's an idea, why don't you return your iPhone and buy a different one that meets your expectations.

10. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

These expectations being that the OP would like a phone that makes phone calls? High expectations, indeed. :rolleyes:

11. BiomaxDDS macrumors regular

YUP YUP YUP
    but most of the fanboys on here will not agree with what you are saying, and get piss off at you instead :D

12. Fuchal macrumors 68020

Yes, it made me angry today when I called as well - the rep I had been talking to for days suddenly denied we had ever spoke before and would only recite the letter.

It's obvious that AppleCare is not allowing their reps to say anything except what's on that sheet about the issue at this point, so I'm not sure there's any point in trying anymore. Either for legal or other reasons, they're trying to keep silent.

In addition, I think the amount of mis-information or un-approved information that was being given out by these reps is a big cause.

I would definitely use the iPhone Feedback form and various other means of getting complaints in.

13. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I'm not sure being annoyed by yet another thread complaining that Apple's CS folks still haven't solved the reception problem is considered 'fanboi-ism.'

Yes, there is something wrong with the iPhone's design, apparently. Apple is likely working hard to fix it (what choice does any company have when faced with this type of problem?). Why does anyone think Apple would acknowledge any kind of hardware/design flaw if they're still working hard to see if it can be solved through software? Think of what that would do to sales, which is the sole reason Apple is in business.

No matter how many times you call Apple before they make any kind of announcement, you're just going to hear the same message that's been discussed here ad nauseum. Save yourself the grief and either wait it out or return the phone for something less problematic.

14. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

I didn't say anything about how high the expectations were, did I? :rolleyes:

So the iPhone 4 doesn't make phone calls. The OP wants a phone that does. So I suggested he find another phone, one that does that. I don't see what the problem is. :confused:

15. iGuardian macrumors 6502a

iGuardian

I'm just highlighting the fact that the OP's frustration with his iPhone is warranted.

16. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

The reason people want to hear something directly from Apple over this issue is because so many people keep buying the phones and so many more keep noticing problems.

Think about it:

Wouldn't you rather know that a potential problem exists with a given product before you go get one instead of getting one and then finding out that yes, your particular one that you purchased has some issues, and that you're not alone, and that because of the issues you're having the product isn't functioning as advertised, and because of the problems you can't even use the product for it's intended purpose, and it's going to be one big freakin' hassle to return/replace/etc the product...

When if you'd seen some official statement of issues that do exist you'd have passed on the purchase at least till another official statement says "Ok, it's fixed now, come get it"?

Wouldn't you prefer to have knowledge before you toss away your hard earned (probably) cash on such a product?

I don't know of anyone that wouldn't...

17. LFSimon macrumors regular

LFSimon

Get real and stop whining - just deal with it.

Seriously....What do you expect them to do. Do you really expect the Customer Service staff will have a different answer for you then the one they've announced and gone to press with? Do you think that the 1.2 million of us are being denied access to the secret fix unless we phone in and hassle a CSR.

Right now you have 2 choices:

1. Deal with it and hope for a fix knowing that there is a good chance it will never come.
    2. Return your phone and either go back to your old phone or pick out a different model. If you're returning due to the phone not working they have to give you your money back or you can just reverse the charge on your credit card.

18. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

I don't think any of the frustration is unwarranted. We all want a product that delivers as promised, especially when there has been so much excitement and anticipation. If I couldn't keep a call going, I'd be pist, too. Hell, I get pist with my current 3G when it drops.

But, do we really need another thread on the topic of CS folks reading from lawyer-approved scripts? Yeah, I know. I didn't have to click on it.

19. mrblack927 macrumors 6502a

mrblack927

And I disagree. Because no one is forcing him to use it. He is more than welcome to exchange the iPhone 4 for a different phone. I don't see what the problem is. :confused:

20. bluenoise macrumors 6502a

True. If only there was some resource, perhaps an online enthusiasts' forum, where one could research potential issues before they make such a commitment.

21. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

The problem is if Apple isn't called to the carpet to fix the problems, the phones basically get shuffled back to Apple, wiped clean, put in a white box, a REFURBISHED sticker applied to the box, and it gets sold to another person that'll most likely notice "Oh crap, I got one of those funky defective ones" and they'll return it, repeat the cycle over and over.

Apple needs to address the issue and admit there's a problem. Doing that alone - just making an official statement that the phone has a problem (they don't even need to say they're going to fix it, honestly, just admit it's borked) would do wonders for their reputation which right now is NOT good because of such deceptive tactics.

Fess up, fix it, move on. People care more about honesty than being screwed over - they'll happily get pooched numerous times and accept is as long as whoever is doing the pooching admits it openly.

22. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

haha, ....i guess you are fine with an inferior product as long as it is an iPhone, who cares if it isnt working properly right?

23. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

Not so difficult to grasp as many think, eh?

24. mrFinder macrumors member

perfect definition of a single minded fanatic. i want them to tell me that they acknowledge this as an issue and that they are working on a fix that will be out shortly. but no, they wanna pretend like there is nothing wrong at all, and make us feel incompetent, telling us that we're holding it wrong. come on seriously? don't give me that fanboy crap that "oh they are right and we are wrong." they are clearly wrong and we have the right to be pissed off. returning the phone is not the solution. i like the iphone, when it works right. when it doesn't work right, i want them to make it work right, and give me some kind of sympathy until they fix it. clearly they are not doing that.