Does anyone else love FedEx?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by JoshGlzBrk, Jun 28, 2010.

1. JoshGlzBrk macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

I don't know about everyone else (which is why I made this topic) but everything I order that gets shipped via FedEx seems to always arrive early.

My green bumper ordered on June 15th came today when the EDD was thursday. Seems to happen with every product I order even non-apple products.

How is everyone else's experiences with them?

2. bt1988 macrumors member

I have NEVER had a problem with them. They're always early or at the very latest, on time for me. And the drivers are always nice. UPS drivers always seemed rushed, to me.

3. mgmusicman94 macrumors 6502a

FedEx drivers are more careful about how they handle packages because if something is damaged, the driver has to pay for it. The driver owns the truck and cares for it.

With UPS, the drivers are unionized and don't pay for damage to packages. Because they are unionized they demand higher pay and are not as careful with packages.

So I like FedEx better.

4. Ames macrumors member

Got my iPhone 4 early, got my bumpers early, got my iPhone 4 dock early.

5. JoshGlzBrk thread starter macrumors 6502a

JoshGlzBrk

They must also not care about delivering to the right house either lol. Almost everything I order that is shipped via UPS is delivered to the wrong house.

6. duffer macrumors regular

I was a courier for FedEx Express while in college and can assure you the Express side does not own their own trucks and are not unionized. The Ground side often times own their own truck, or are driving for someone that owns several trucks. Express drivers are not personally responsible for damaged packages. I can't speak for the Ground side. I have worked for both UPS and FedEx, and in both companies, the packages are most often damaged before being loaded onto the truck. In my experience, couriers from both companies did there best to deliver an undamaged package.

FedEx was a great company to work for, but I can't say the same about UPS.

7. Rooskibar03 macrumors 65816

Rooskibar03

x2. Found a FedEx Overnight envelope with a $28k check inside 3 doors down in the bushes.

Last time I ordered anything via FedEx.

8. djgulia macrumors 6502

In my area, I prefer FedEx. Not only do packages arrive early, but they arrive like clockwork. If a package is supposed to arrive at 10:30am, it's always in my hands by 10. With UPS, I've waited until 8pm for packages. Plus if for whatever reason I have to go pick up a package, FedEx facility is much more convenient. Sucks because we solely use UPS at work.

9. Wheezie macrumors member

My Fedex & UPS guys are great. They will deliver packages to my office even if they have my home address. My fedex home guy delivered a Saturday package to my house instead of my office because I was home. My UPS guy will do the same thing.

To bad I"m moving my office and will have different guys for my new office....

10. California King macrumors 65816

I'm lucky to have nothing but good experiences with both UPS and FedEx. Only reason I prefer FedEx a tad bit more is because they arrive in the morning and UPS in the afternoon. They usually deliver it a couple minutes after I wake up, so it's always fun opening packages while eating breakfast.. :)

11. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

I think you might be confusing Apple's estimated delivery date, which is always ultra-conservative, to the FedEx estimated delivery date which is always spot on and like clockwork.

12. onep00nis macrumors member

i had better experience with fedex than ups. ups packages seems to come all banged up in my area. up to now, fedex pakages have been taken care of (well at least they look like it has been). delivery time is more consistant with fedex than ups as well.

13. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I've had the best shipping experiences with FedEx.

14. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

15. ellelittle macrumors member

Nope, my husband and I seem to have problems with almost every delivery we get that is shipped FedEx. If I have an option to switch carriers I usually do.

16. H.B.I.C macrumors member

17. Tomple macrumors 6502a

Tomple

Hasn't failed me yet + I got my iPhone 4 a day early :)

18. jap1198 macrumors 6502

UPS & FedEx are both good companies, I just prefer FedEx because the truck usually comes earlier than the UPS one.

19. CocoaPuffs macrumors 68010

Two horrible experiences with FedEx on MBP deliveries. So personally, I am not impressed with them.

But then again, I much rather use them over USPS, which has an useless tracking function, and DHL, which is simply horrible.

20. timerollson macrumors 65816

Ehh. I'm iffy on them. They "delivered" a laptop over Christmas break (when they weren't supposed to) to my roommate and he never received it. They can be quick but their errors are huge.

I've had better luck with UPS.

21. pepsijunky macrumors member

UPS and FEDEX are both pros. DHL sucks and the USPS is in a class of their own at the very bottom.

22. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Not lately...see the iPhone tracking threads. FedEx is currently delivering ahead of their own estimates in many cases, without ever updating those estimated dates on their site. My phone was projected by Apple to arrive today, by FedEx to arrive tomorrow--and it was delivered last Friday instead.

I've had good and bad experiences with both FedEx and UPS. I see more damaged packages with UPS, but I also get more deliveries overall with them, so that may be the reason. So no real preference here, other than by the price I'm paying for shipping. Personally, I just wish Apple would knock off their "signature required" nonsense for lower valued packages--it's stupid to require a signature or waiver for a bumper or camera kit!

23. Hydrocity macrumors 6502a

I ordered a MacBook Pro from Apple and it shipped via UPS. Ok well my MBP was shipped on July 6 and originally UPS had a delivery date of July 13 (tom). Ok, well the next day the delivery date was changed to July 9. I was very happy since that was only a 3 day wait....

But,

On Friday morning I woke up only to see that my delivery date dissapeared. It was still in the US according to the tracking info (I live in Canada), so I called UPS and they said it would be delivered on July 15 (Another week!)...

I was like WTF!?

So here I am, still with no MBP. But today I looked at the UPS tracking info, and it currently says:

'RECEIVER ASSIGNED CLEARANCE TO NON-UPS BROKER. SHIPMENT IS REMAINING IN UPS CONTROL'

The status also says exception which means the delivery date is delayed! I called UPS agian and they said it is clearing customs and my delivery date is still July 15. Well see...

24. swirlybee macrumors member

Fedex Ground in my area is horrible. They're always late and they can never find my house. The UPS and Fedex Air guys are great. They're super friendly and very accommodating.

25. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

Fedex shows up in the morning for me. Seems like I'm the last house on UPS's route.. :)