Does anyone else regret updating to 3.0?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Totter, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Totter macrumors newbie

Right now I own two iPhones (3G and 3GS). I really regret updating to 3.0 on my 3G... Does anyone else agree?

•I really don't like the spotlight search. Its a nice feature, but it gets in the way. Whenever I touch the home button, it goes to the search (Even know in the settings it says it is supposed to go to the home screen)

•I like copy and paste, but it also gets in the way. I always keep one of my fingers on the screen when I'm on safari (so I'm ready to scroll up and down). I wish you could turn that feature off. And whenever I try to use the copy and paste, it is really frustrating when it won't respond.

•I'm fine without landscape mode. I never really liked it. I wish you could turn this feature off.[/SIZE]

I am a serious apple fan, but I was slightly disappointed when they didn't add the features that normal phones have.

tl;dr: I wish they added more features.

Discuss: Features they should've added, etc.

2. lilmitchmitch macrumors 6502

I regret having to read that with it being center aligned. But no, 3.0 on my 3G S is amazing.

3. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

There are similar post to this, but no, 3.0 is what 1.0 should have been.

4. daveishere macrumors 6502a

daveishere

haha. yeah i agree 3.0 is amazing. to be honest i disagree with everything you've said, spotlight doesn't get in the way, and landscape keyboard is a god-send and copy & paste is brilliant too.

5. swr2000 macrumors member

I don't know about anyone else but it seems like there's a memory leak bc I'm running through my battery and my 3G seems sluggish

6. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

No. It's an amazing update.
    And I love centered text.​

7. bbplayer5 macrumors 68030

8. MBHockey macrumors 68040

MBHockey

9. slu macrumors 68000

slu

I regret it.

My 3G reception is not as good with 3.0. I get call failed a lot more than I did before the upgrade. And I don't get service where I used to before. All of this is just based on being in my house. Service used to be good in my house; now it is terrible.

When I unlock the phone after not using it for a few minutes, it does not connect to the data network (both 3G and Wifi). What I mean is if I unlock the phone and open mail it will try to connect and then give me a message saying connection to imap.gmail.com failed. Then I manually try to connect and it works. Same problem in Safari and apps. This happens every time.

I'll get voicemails, but the phone won't ring. I'll get voicemails several hours after they were left. I called Apple and they said AT&T has network problems in PA (where I am) and in FL. Funny, none of my non-iPhone AT&T friends are having trouble. And my wife, who did not upgrade to 3.0 yet, does not have these problem.

I have reset network settings, deleted my mail account, and done many hard resets and reboots. Basically, all that is left for me to do is to restore to factory settings and see if it helps.

I wish I could downgrade to 2.2.1.

10. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

I don't regret it overall, but I do wish I could turn off search. I don't use it, and it annoys me because I accidentally swipe over to it all the time from the home screen :rolleyes: I wish it was an option to turn on and off.

11. KidFresh macrumors regular

12. co.ag.2005 macrumors 65816

co.ag.2005

I'm loving it. No regrets (although, I wish I was upgrade eligible for a 3G S... needs me some 32GB action). Landscape mode + copy / paste + phone running snappier/faster = the shiznit

13. diabolic macrumors 68000

In the settings, you are picking what happens on a double-click. A single-click toggles back and forth from the home screen to search.

I couldn't stand to go back after using 3.0.

14. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

x1000, except for lanscape, which I don't care about. I love everything else in 3.0.

15. DrFillster macrumors member

Ditto. There are things missing (that I don't use - MMS) and I'm lucky in that I got NetShare before they killed it. But copy&paste is incredibly useful.

16. sers macrumors regular

I'm loving 3.0.

Love the search feature. Already used it a couple of times to find appointments in calendar. Copy and paste is fabulous, and no, it doesn't get in the way.

I'm also getting better 3G reception. I find Safari is snappier as well.

So far, so good.:)

17. camarobh macrumors 6502

3.0 rocks. I loved it for a couple of days on my 3G, and love it even more on my 3G S.

18. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

19. racers macrumors regular

I hate it 3g is slow and ipod freezes all the time

20. marksman macrumors 603

marksman

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Does anyone else regret updating to 3.0?

Hell no :D

22. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

What features are those?

23. jcdDigix macrumors member

jcdDigix