Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
This bug still seems to work in iOS 13.1.2. My location services still goes on without apparent reason. I still suspect it happens because of the system services.

To person above me. I never had location on for Weather and this bug is happening to me.

...its definitely the Weather app causing this:

1569921882945.png

The status bar icon is hollow, as is the Weather arrow icon - the explanation for the hollow icon is highlighted above.

I've checked in the System Services and all arrow icons in there are solid and not hollow.

Hudzilla

macrumors 6502a
Nov 12, 2007
England

View attachment 865382

The status bar icon is hollow, as is the Weather arrow icon - the explanation for the hollow icon is highlighted above.

I've checked in the System Services and all arrow icons in there are solid and not hollow.

I have weather set to ‘never’ on the location services. It’s not weather for me....

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
I have weather set to ‘never’ on the location services. It’s not weather for me....

That's weird then.

For me, as soon as I turn my Weather option from 'Whilst Using' to 'Ask Next Time', the arrow in the status bar at the top of the phone, disappears. This is not ideal because next time I tap on any of the weather complications on my Apple Watch, of course, it then asks me to allow Location Services and then the hollow arrow re-appears?!!! o_O

This has got to be a bug......

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas

View attachment 865382

I do not have the weather app installed on my pone and it happens to me. It mostly happens when i use stock ios apps

DeadKlau5

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2016
Maybe it had something to do with Wi-Fi!
I have everything turned off in location service, but after i enable or disable Wi-Fi in settings, the arrow pops up in the left corner. Can somebody test?

iP 11 Pro

Last edited:

KurtWilde

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
It had something to do with Wi-Fi!
I have everything turned off in location service, but after i enable or disable Wi-Fi in settings, the arrow pops up in the left corner. Can somebody test?

iP 11 Pro

This seems to be it for me. Doesn’t happen if connected to a WiFi network but if WiFi is on but has no active connection it happens.

bdemirdover

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2018
Anybody was able to find any solution to this problem? I had experienced it, then got a recommendation on forum to Erase all content and setting and using icloud to restore. First couple of days seemed like it worked. Suddenly today, problem appeared back. Every 2-3 min without any app to trigger, location arrow appears on top status bar. When i check which app or system service uses location, nothing. None of them

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
Anybody was able to find any solution to this problem? I had experienced it, then got a recommendation on forum to Erase all content and setting and using icloud to restore. First couple of days seemed like it worked. Suddenly today, problem appeared back. Every 2-3 min without any app to trigger, location arrow appears on top status bar. When i check which app or system service uses location, nothing. None of them

I genuinely think it’s not a problem. The phone uses location services for various reasons which might not be possible show as an item within the list. There’s nothing to worry about.

KurtWilde

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
I genuinely think it’s not a problem. The phone uses location services for various reasons which might not be possible show as an item within the list. There’s nothing to worry about.

But what process wouldn’t be covered by items listed in apps or system services?

Reactions: atmenterprises

justice4all77

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2018
I had this issue and fixed it by removing the weather widget on my Apple Watch face. That arrow drives me insane if it doesn't go away on its own. Disappointing because on any iOS version below 13 this arrow did not appear when using the weather widget on the Apple Watch.

diego72

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2019
Turin Italy
Does anyone else have problem with the GPS in iOS 13.1? Mine seems to be on about 80% of the time.

From Location services settings I have concluded that it is caused by System Services. Problem is that none of the services have purple arrow even though the GPS icon is showing in status bar. Disabling all system services doesn’t solve this as the arrow is still shown in status bar. However tapping the Status Bar Icon option (on system services page) off does work.

I’m not sure if this is bug with GPS or UI showing the arrow icon even when location services is used because it does not seem to use that much battery. However I have disabled all location services for now.

There was a small discussion about this in reddit r/ios but it did not gain much popularity.

I’m using iPhone 11 Pro 256Gb with iOS13.1.

Hello to all. We purchased two iPhone 11 pro and one 11 Pro max. With IOS 13.0 the devices worked well, after updating to IOS 13.1 or 13.1.1 or 13.1.2 strange bugs occur. Even if in the privacy section all the system localizations, find my iphone, and all the app localizations are disabled, iphone continuously connects every 10-20 seconds to the gps network, consuming a lot of battery, it can be seen from the triangle that appears top left. Many users do not notice it because maybe the function that warns when the GPS transmits data is not activated. But I assure you that there is this serious bug and I ask you to all those who have an iPhone 11 pro and pro max of go to settings, privacy, location services, system services and activate status bar icon. You will see the iPhone 11 pro connect continuously to the GPS. In the apple store they changed my devices but it didn't help. Now I am waiting for a call from a consultant to whom I have also sent a video of the problem. I also found other people online with this problem and please check it and report it to us and to Apple. Thanks
[automerge]1570299435[/automerge]
This bug still seems to work in iOS 13.1.2. My location services still goes on without apparent reason. I still suspect it happens because of the system services.

To person above me. I never had location on for Weather and this bug is happening to me.

Hello to all. We purchased two iPhone 11 pro and one 11 Pro max. With IOS 13.0 the devices worked well, after updating to IOS 13.1 or 13.1.1 or 13.1.2 strange bugs occur. Even if in the privacy section all the system localizations, find my iphone, and all the app localizations are disabled, iphone continuously connects every 10-20 seconds to the gps network, consuming a lot of battery, it can be seen from the triangle that appears top left. Many users do not notice it because maybe the function that warns when the GPS transmits data is not activated. But I assure you that there is this serious bug and I ask you to all those who have an iPhone 11 pro and pro max of go to settings, privacy, location services, system services and activate status bar icon. You will see the iPhone 11 pro connect continuously to the GPS. In the apple store they changed my devices but it didn't help. Now I am waiting for a call from a consultant to whom I have also sent a video of the problem. I also found other people online with this problem and please check it and report it to us and to Apple. Thanks

diego72

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2019
Turin Italy
I put a stop to my own I don’t know how but it stopped popping up

it has not stopped going and it is not your job there are times that it does not then it resumes. I believe that apple is making trouble and problems remotely in our devices ...... for a few hours it does not do it to me now but then again unfortunately and only on the new iphone 11 pro

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas
it has not stopped going and it is not your job there are times that it does not then it resumes. I believe that apple is making trouble and problems remotely in our devices ...... for a few hours it does not do it to me now but then again unfortunately and only on the new iphone 11 pro

Mines stopped days ago after changing some privacy settings

diego72

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2019
Turin Italy
Mines stopped days ago after changing some privacy settings

maybe you have completely disabled the localization notification service but this way you will never receive anything from any app and if you take a picture it will not be shown where you did it .......

rdillon2008

macrumors 6502
Aug 23, 2018
Bahamas
thanks, I have the same settings as you, but it does so. but sometimes during the day it stops a few hours then it resumes, and strange ..... it almost looks like apple does something remotely

You could never have the same apps and settings as me because we use different things. I don’t have that issue anymore so it looks like it is only you and others now

KurtWilde

macrumors regular
May 12, 2008
thanks, I have the same settings as you, but it does so. but sometimes during the day it stops a few hours then it resumes, and strange ..... it almost looks like apple does something remotely

For me it happens most repeatedly if WiFi is on but not actively connected to a network.

diego72

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2019
Turin Italy
For me it happens most repeatedly if WiFi is on but not actively connected to a network.

I do not know if it is related to wifi or not, but I know that if it does it all the time, the battery lasts much less. I am also from Ireland with a boyfriend in Brazil and when he randomly stops doing it to me for half a day he also stops so I think he centers the operating system but also hits the apple servers. I think they have to solve. a stupid question, try to turn on and off the phone, when you unlock the screen you should do it once, or go to wifi settings if you go to the wifi section you see that it does. to me it does even if I remove the sim and deactivate the wifi
[automerge]1570356775[/automerge]
You could never have the same apps and settings as me because we use different things. I don’t have that issue anymore so it looks like it is only you and others now

try turning the phone on and off if it is solved it should no longer do so but I think it does. I don't have your applications but the system settings are the same .......

Yashjains

macrumors newbie
Oct 6, 2019
Same problem with my iphone 11 pro max ... location icon keeps coming again and again ... draining battery too..
 should address this issue as soon as possible... requesting all to report to apple

deep1

macrumors 6502
Mar 29, 2011
Have tried everything , deleting weather app etc but no luck.
Today I tried to turn off “limit ad Tracking” under privacy and so far it hasn’t been kicked off in last few hours.

hopefully it helps.

diego72

macrumors member
Oct 5, 2019
Turin Italy
Same problem with my iphone 11 pro max ... location icon keeps coming again and again ... draining battery too..
 should address this issue as soon as possible... requesting all to report to apple

yes I have already contacted and they made me make a video with another phone of the problem they call me Monday. contact the telephone service and get in touch and expect them to report it to the engineers.
[automerge]1570359715[/automerge]
you did well but it is not a problem related only to the settings, you will not need your settings because from this morning also to me it is not doing it but then it comes back ....... it seems that it is remotely controlled also by apple, because you can also disable the wifi, remove the sim close everything but it does so. but there are hours during the day that stops. call the apple service and complain that we are different users. I also sent a video the consultant will call me tomorrow
[automerge]1570359747[/automerge]
Have tried everything , deleting weather app etc but no luck.
Today I tried to turn off “limit ad Tracking” under privacy and so far it hasn’t been kicked off in last few hours.

hopefully it helps.
you did well but it is not a problem related only to the settings, you will not need your settings because from this morning also to me it is not doing it but then it comes back ....... it seems that it is remotely controlled also by apple, because you can also disable the wifi, remove the sim close everything but it does so. but there are hours during the day that stops. call the apple service and complain that we are different users. I also sent a video the consultant will call me tomorrow

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
For me, the hollow Location Services arrow ONLY appears (and stays constantly on) when my S4 Apple Watch is connected to my phone.

There are no settings in the watch app, as far as I can see, to turn location services off.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.