Does anyone have this plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by eNcrypTioN, Dec 30, 2010.

1. eNcrypTioN macrumors 6502

So I'm looking to take the plunge since my Sprint contract ended last month. Does anyone have this plan?

iPhone 4g 32GB:
    -Nation 450 w/Rollover® Minutes
    -DataPro 2 GB for iPhone
    -Messaging 1500

I'm wondering exactly how much I would be paying per month including tax (I live in FL).

2. chestvrg macrumors 65816

That's exactly what I have plus early night and weekends beginning at 7pm for an additional $8.99/mo.

Chester - iPhone using Tapatalk

3. eNcrypTioN thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the quick response. I live in Ft. Lauderdale and am in Miami sometimes. How is AT&T service in our area? Do you experience poor call quality or dropped calls?

4. chestvrg macrumors 65816

AT&T has the best reception here in Miami Dade by far. I get 3G everywhere even near the everglades.

5. eNcrypTioN thread starter macrumors 6502

Perfect! That's what I like to hear. So far everyone I've asked has said AT&T is solid in the 954 and the 305.

6. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Yeah and let me tell you I've tried tmobile and inside my home I used to get only like 1 bar or SOS at most, but inside my home with AT&T I get my full 5bars and I have ne'er experienced that thing of drop calls and bad reception. Even now inside FIU I get good signal.

7. vastoholic macrumors 68000

vastoholic

If you're wondering about cost, i have this plan but with unlimited data. I have an 18% government discount and pay $77/month. So probably looking at around $80 or $85 with taxes and fees. Does that sound about right chester?

8. chestvrg macrumors 65816

I get 15% discount on my FAN account but since I have the additional early nights and weekends I pay a bit more.

9. Orion126 macrumors regular

Pricing on that plan:

-$39.99 for 450 Minutes
    -$25 for 2GB Data
    -$15 for 1500 Texts

= $79.99+taxes

10. PsstGreek macrumors 68040

PsstGreek

Lol. I get the exact opposite. When I had T-Mobile I would get full service in my house on my iPhone (both stories). With AT&T on my iPhone I could be upstairs and have full bars, then walk downstairs and have one or two bars to no signal at all.

I'm in Pasco county.

11. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Very strange your reception would fluctuate vertical (from first to second floor). LOL I wonder what is the ceiling height limit for reception on cell phone carriers? Like 30,000 feet LoL

12. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Tax is gonna vary widely, unfortunately, and so what one person pays could be different from what you'll pay. In addition to sales tax, different states (and even different counties and cities within a state) like to tax cell phone service to bring in extra money. Some places are way greedier than others.

The good news is, you should be able to go into an AT&T store, tell them the plan you want, and they can tell you exactly what you'll pay, including taxes and fees for your area. When you sign up, they should even give you a sheet which explains what your first bill will look like (first bills are prorated and can include activation fees, so they are often higher than your regular bill) and what every bill after that will look like.

13. chestvrg macrumors 65816

Good point. In Miami-Dade County the tax rate is 8% now for example and in Broward or Palm Beach Cty it must be different.

Can someone get away and pay less taxes by putting a different address, like 1% sales tax for instance?

14. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I live in the same area as you, Ft. Lauderdale.
    AT&T area is excellent here. Not only do you get a solid 4-5 bars, but you also get fast 3G speeds.
    I've never had a drop called either.

15. Orion126 macrumors regular

If you are referring to sales tax for buying the phone then it's as simple as going to an Apple or AT&T store in the area where the tax is low.

16. chestvrg macrumors 65816

No I was referring to where the bill statement is listed/registered to.