Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rachelcenter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2019
Does anyone know if the Ventura 13.3.1 bricked my NTFS Paragon software?

My DESKTOP computer was running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 i think.... And Notes werent syncing to my desktop so Apple encouraged me to do a backup of my computer and then update to the latest software. Ok I used time machine to do the backup, and then set my computer to Upgrad over night to 13.3.1. I Woke up to a screen that said recovery mode. Found a way to get out of recovery mode. and now ever since, when I plug in my NTFS formatted drives, they refuse to mount on the desktop. If I go into Disk Utility, it shows the drive as Lacie, but if I click the lower tier word under Lacie (which lists the name of my drive) and right click on it and press mount, it gives me this error Could not mount MY HARD DRIVE. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153). So I take that same drive and plug it into my Macbook and it mounts on the laptop just fine. I have NTFS Paragon software on the laptop and the desktop computer. laptop is running mac os ventura 13.2.1. I thought to myself: maybe the drive is going bad, so I spent all night transferring my footage off of the Lacie External hard drive in question and I put the footage onto another Lacie External Hard drive that was formatted as NTFS as well. When the transfer was done in the morning, I plugged that new Lacie into my desktop computer and it had the same issue: it wont mount on the desktop but shows up in Disk Utility. So then I took the experiment one step further. and I took the first Lacie drive into disk utility and wiped it and reformatted it as NTFS, and it refused to mount. So then I took that same drive and reformatted it again, but this time as Mac OS Extended Journaled and then it mounted just fine. so it appears that ever since my iOS update, it refuses to mount NTFS formatted drives. Has anyone else run into this?

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009

My DESKTOP computer was running MacOS Ventura 13.2.1 i think.... And Notes werent syncing to my desktop so Apple encouraged me to do a backup of my computer and then update to the latest software. Ok I used time machine to do the backup, and then set my computer to Upgrad over night to 13.3.1. I Woke up to a screen that said recovery mode. Found a way to get out of recovery mode. and now ever since, when I plug in my NTFS formatted drives, they refuse to mount on the desktop. If I go into Disk Utility, it shows the drive as Lacie, but if I click the lower tier word under Lacie (which lists the name of my drive) and right click on it and press mount, it gives me this error Could not mount MY HARD DRIVE. (com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153). So I take that same drive and plug it into my Macbook and it mounts on the laptop just fine. I have NTFS Paragon software on the laptop and the desktop computer. laptop is running mac os ventura 13.2.1. I thought to myself: maybe the drive is going bad, so I spent all night transferring my footage off of the Lacie External hard drive in question and I put the footage onto another Lacie External Hard drive that was formatted as NTFS as well. When the transfer was done in the morning, I plugged that new Lacie into my desktop computer and it had the same issue: it wont mount on the desktop but shows up in Disk Utility. So then I took the experiment one step further. and I took the first Lacie drive into disk utility and wiped it and reformatted it as NTFS, and it refused to mount. So then I took that same drive and reformatted it again, but this time as Mac OS Extended Journaled and then it mounted just fine. so it appears that ever since my iOS update, it refuses to mount NTFS formatted drives. Has anyone else run into this?
You need the current version of Paragon NTFS to work with macOS 13.3 or later, but if you'll only ever use the drives on Macs then you shouldn't be using NTFS at all.

rachelcenter

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 11, 2019
You need the current version of Paragon NTFS to work with macOS 13.3 or later, but if you'll only ever use the drives on Macs then you shouldn't be using NTFS at all.
once in a blue moon i want to plug the drives into a PC computer that I have that is faster than my macs. thats the only reason I bought NTFS, so that i could put the drive on the PC or mac and not have any read/write/mount issues. wow i think you solved it!!!!!! i went into the application and manually updated it. it prompted me to restart my computer and upon restart, the drive mounts now1 thats disappointing that it didnt auto prompt me to update it.

Last edited:

chrfr

macrumors G5
Jul 11, 2009
once in a blue moon i want to plug the drives into a PC computer that I have that is faster than my macs. thats the only reason I bought NTFS, so that i could put the drive on the PC or mac and not have any read/write/mount issues. I'd like to keep the focus of this discussion on how to get the drives to mount again.
You need to update Paragon NTFS then.

GoztepeEge

macrumors 6502
Nov 21, 2015
Munich, Germany
once in a blue moon i want to plug the drives into a PC computer that I have that is faster than my macs. thats the only reason I bought NTFS, so that i could put the drive on the PC or mac and not have any read/write/mount issues. wow i think you solved it!!!!!! i went into the application and manually updated it. it prompted me to restart my computer and upon restart, the drive mounts now1 thats disappointing that it didnt auto prompt me to update it.
Hi, what is the current version of the Paragon NTFS that you are using?

I am using the same software and facing the same issue.
Once I try to update the Paragon NTFS, it says "You're up-to-date! 15.9.328 is currently the newest version available."

So is this really the latest version available now, if you are using the same too?

dmccloud

macrumors 68030
Sep 7, 2009
Anchorage, AK
Hi, what is the current version of the Paragon NTFS that you are using?

I am using the same software and facing the same issue.
Once I try to update the Paragon NTFS, it says "You're up-to-date! 15.9.328 is currently the newest version available."

So is this really the latest version available now, if you are using the same too?

I just checked my version of Paragon NTFS and I'm running 15.10.590.

JGingri

macrumors newbie
Oct 24, 2023

I was having same problem after upgrading to Ventura 13.x. And my portable Seagate drive has a mix of Windows & Apple files hooked into my home network. I hate switching software for no good reason (occasional new stuff doesn't agree with old) or paying for what should be a simple upgrade. So I dug and found THE ANSWER: https://www.seagate.com/support/software/paragon/

bb671935-e116-44b7-9374-b099e4fae976

If you follow this link you’ll find an upgrade to use, I used “Big Sur and later” and after installing and resetting, BAM it worked! Feel free to share this upgrade info with anyone who legally owns original NTFS for MAC.

engseng

macrumors newbie
Sep 15, 2016
Malaysia
I was having same problem after upgrading to Ventura 13.x. And my portable Seagate drive has a mix of Windows & Apple files hooked into my home network. I hate switching software for no good reason (occasional new stuff doesn't agree with old) or paying for what should be a simple upgrade. So I dug and found THE ANSWER: https://www.seagate.com/support/software/paragon/

bb671935-e116-44b7-9374-b099e4fae976

If you follow this link you’ll find an upgrade to use, I used “Big Sur and later” and after installing and resetting, BAM it worked! Feel free to share this upgrade info with anyone who legally owns original NTFS for MAC.
Which version is this Paragon NTFS driver? There is a new v16 version on the Paragon website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.