Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
I have an older Apple Watch (series 5 aluminum) and I was looking at purchasing a new band. Does anyone know if I can try on different bands before purchasing them via an Apple Watch try on reservation at my local Apple Store? I was hoping my local store had the $350 steel link bracelet to try on so I didn’t have to buy it then return it if it’s too heavy or big. Thank you.

Vangeli

macrumors 6502
May 15, 2021
You can try them all on, most are out in the open on the watch table. Don’t even need an appointment to just try them.

Reactions: Night Spring

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
I have an older Apple Watch (series 5 aluminum) and I was looking at purchasing a new band. Does anyone know if I can try on different bands before purchasing them via an Apple Watch try on reservation at my local Apple Store? I was hoping my local store had the $350 steel link bracelet to try on so I didn’t have to buy it then return it if it’s too heavy or big. Thank you.
Yes. If it is not on display ask to see one to try on.

KTK1990

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2008
Yes. If it is not on display ask to see one to try on.
Thank you, I’ll swing by my local store sometime this or next week. Do you know if they would have one even if it isn’t in stock at the store for regular sale? The two stores near me don’t have the band in stock, the third store nearby has it but traffic is fairly bad to get there.

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Thank you, I’ll swing by my local store sometime this or next week. Do you know if they would have one even if it isn’t in stock at the store for regular sale? The two stores near me don’t have the band in stock, the third store nearby has it but traffic is fairly bad to get there.
Just because a band is in stock, doesn't necessarily mean they'll have it for try-on, and the reverse can be true too. You could call the store and see if they can tell you if a particular band is available to try on, but I suspect they may not have a good grasp of that info themselves.

jlc1978

macrumors 603
Aug 14, 2009
If you can order online from the store they have it in stock , so you can check stock that way. If you can’t order online they may have one but they may not.

All should have one to try on.

Last edited:

raythompsontn

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2023
I believe you can also order the band, use it for a week, and return the band if you don't like the band.

HDFan

Contributor
Jun 30, 2007
I had both stainless steel bands, silver and black. Got rid of both of them as:

1. Too heavy
2. Scratch easily

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.