Does anyone listen to music on their iPads?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TapHappy, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TapHappy macrumors regular

I'm I the only one who listens to music on their iPad? None of my friends do.

2. iKIKO macrumors regular

iKIKO

i have all my music colection on my ipad. 30 gigs i guess. if the library keeps growing im gonna have to get me an ipod classic :D

3. sumone macrumors regular

No, I don't nor do I intend to. My iPad 2 is a 16GB and I don't want to waste precious space by loading my iTunes library on to it when I already have my library on my iPhone and my iPod.

4. 184550 Guest

No. I have no need/ desire to do so. It's on my iPhone and it's on my iMac. Those are the only two places I need my music.

5. Onimusha370 macrumors 6502a

yep, i keep 20 gigs of music on mine. i feel lost if i'm out and about without all of my music with me.

6. Tritons macrumors 6502

i have about 3 gb and I listen to all the time.

7. miamialley macrumors 68030

miamialley

8. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

9. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

I do, I like to play music while I do housework. My iPad is much easier to cart around than a stereo.

10. sumone macrumors regular

:eek: You still consider a stereo as an alternative??? Then this is going to blow your mind!!! It's even easier to cart around than an iPad!

11. hudsonCrossing macrumors member

i just sync my fav playlist on it.... if i want to listen a specific album or band that is not currently on my playlist i just access is through home sharing

12. karilynn macrumors regular

karilynn

*raises hand* me! me! I do :)

I have my iPad next to me at work 40 hours a week with my headphones in and the music going. I also listen to music on it every night while I draw.

13. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I don't. I haven't even put any music on it. I stick to my MBP and my iPod for music.

14. iPutz macrumors member

Listening to Pandora right now as I do an hour of cardio.

15. ruvil macrumors regular

I have Spotify on it so i already have pretty much... all music on it ;)

16. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

17. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

No music here either. The iPhone fits all my speaker docks--the iPad would have to be cabled to them. The phone is just a lot more practical to use for that sort of thing in terms of portability as well. And as others have said, I bought a 16 GB knowing I could get away with less space if I didn't plan to put music on it.

18. henry72 macrumors 65816

henry72

I do. I use AirPlay and stream my music to the audio system.
    Recently I plug it to my car studio since I sold my iPhone 4 (Waiting for the iPhone 5) ;)

19. s15119 macrumors 65816

s15119

Very rarely. I listen alot on my iPhone and don't store any music on my iPad. Once in a while I will listen to RinseFM, but not very often.

20. fertilized-egg macrumors 68020

I listen to audio through my iPad all the time, usually through iTunes home sharing or Audio Galaxy. Sometimes streaming radio.

21. Aspasia macrumors 65816

Halfway between the Equator and North Pole
    I use the iPod app every day, while I'm walking. Also regularly listen to TuneIn radio at my office.

22. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

No, the speakers on the iPad (at least iPad ver 1) are horrible, and i only use headphones if I'm out and about, when the iPad isn't practical. Decent speakers are one of only a few things I'd change about the iPad.

23. 66775 macrumors member

Yeah I do. I'm fortunate enough to have a 32gb version, so space is ok. But I only listen to it at work, and switch to smth more portable (my Samsung mobile phone or my iPod Touch) when I'm out.

I listen to a lot of music at work and dont want to drain my phone battery too fast, so that's a good workaround. Plus I also use my iPad for other stuff at work, so the all-in-one approach makes sense...

24. Odbxl macrumors newbie

Yes, at work or in my hotel rom after a long day of work. It is great to relax a bit without having something hanging from your ears, I use the iPod is for the gym. And yes, the only problem is that it takes a lot of memory space.