Does anyone not have the clocking sound when they are recording video?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cuz03, Sep 11, 2010.

1. Cuz03 macrumors member

To test his go to a quiet place and turn on wifi (important) then take a ten second video and see if u hav it cuz I think majority of people hav it. I do :(

In title I ment clicking.

2. ELBdelorean macrumors member

Not necessarily the majority...I don't have it.

3. maus macrumors regular

4. fel10 macrumors 68000

fel10

I'm having this issue and a lot of other people are too

5. Diversion macrumors 6502a

Diversion

Can someone post a video to Youtube demonstrating this?

6. sambow87 macrumors newbie

7. ultio macrumors newbie

ultio

I definitely don't have it, I tried recording videos with Wi-Fi turned on and off.

8. Bonsai1214 macrumors 6502a

it only seems like a lot of people have it because those who do come here and become vocal about it. that said, mine should be here monday or tuesday, so i'll be able to contribute to the thread.

9. fswmacguy macrumors 6502

fswmacguy

Do a clean restore via iTunes.

Users have already reported that it fixes the issue.

10. sambow87 macrumors newbie

Can you point me to a thread or whoever says this works? I've done a restore from the iPod and from iTunes with no luck.

11. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

If you edit your post, then click on Go Advanced it will allow you to edit your title.

Sorry you are having problems with your new iPod touch.

12. cityathrt macrumors regular

I believe fswmacguy is referring to our thread "Brand New iPod has Problems". I can assure you, after gone through three restores and one firmware restore, this does not solve the problem.

I've isolated the problem to occurring when one is connected to an encrypted wireless, and recording. At this moment I don't know what to do, and would rather just turn off the wireless when I record. Since I'll most likely be out and about when I'm recording, I most likely won't be connected to any wireless. I just don't want to end up with a "worse" model, like the ones with light leaks, dead pixels, mushy home buttons, and battery drainage problems. So I guess I'll be keeping mine for now.

13. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

I tried with wifi ON and OFF.

ON: I heard two clicks in a 20 second video, not a persistent bg clicking noise, like the video posted above.

OFF: No clicking noise at all.

14. dave1812dave macrumors 6502a

No ticking on mine. I copied the video to my computer and listened at the same volume as the youtube video showing the defect. NO ticking with wifi ON.

15. tablo13 macrumors 65816

tablo13

I took a video with Wi-Fi on, amplified the sound, and I hear the frequent clicking, like four times in one second. When I use the tap to focus feature, the clicking gets faster while it's focusing.

16. wootwootman macrumors member

do you suppose this can be fixed by a software upgrade in the future?

17. cityathrt macrumors regular

No clue. I'm not even sure if this is software related or hardware related. Maybe hardware because no news agency's screaming about this yet? If everyone's software was buggy, the media would be all over this in a second. I'm inclined to think ours are lemons because again, not everyone has this problem. (Or they're not listening close enough? Haha.)

18. Rossta76 macrumors newbie

I had it but got a replacement ipod due to the screen coming up on the top left corner. No more clicking on the replacement. HOWEVER the screen issue (top left corner not flush and I am able to push it down ever so slightly) is the same on this new replacement.

So far I am not impressed with the quality control of these new touches.

19. ELBdelorean macrumors member

I have a strange noise in footage shot from my iPod. The only difference is, the sound is not affected by Wi-Fi being turned on or off. The noise also only happens when I move the iPod or tap the screen, causing it to move a little. I can post a sample video soon, but I'm not able right now.

EDIT: Here's a video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFxAN6uoU00 It's easier to hear in 720p. One of the few spots it's apparent is at the end when I was attempting to tap the stop button.

20. ShStylo macrumors member

21. RyanNoah macrumors newbie

22. ELBdelorean macrumors member

Ugh, I just got a replacement unit for my previous iPod and this new one has this problem. Tried it with Wi-Fi on, started clicking. Wi-Fi off, no clicking. Should I make another Genius Bar appointment or not? I doubt this is software considering some people don't have it...

23. burgundyyears macrumors 6502

Wifi on or off, I don't have this sound. Those who do, do you have an 802.11g network? 802.11n? Trying to think what could be causing this.

24. ELBdelorean macrumors member