Does anyone regret choosing black over white vice versa?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sinafl, Jul 11, 2008.

1. sinafl macrumors newbie

I am still debating which color I should get. I am leaning towards the black 3g but because of the amount of articles claiming what a finger magnet it is, it has torn me into pieces. Any help?

2. Waterpolo820 macrumors regular

Get white, cause if you do get sick of it, it is easier to get a black case for it than it is to get a white case, PLUS the white is SICK and i don't regret getting it at all!!!

3. pcguru83 macrumors 6502a

pcguru83

Ditto. Wish I had gotten the white. Seriously, it's amazing looking in person. So crisp, so clean.

4. macman4291 macrumors regular

I got black, Prolly wished I had gotten white, but Its not a big deal because I keep it in a case, so it makes no difference...Maybe if I ever have a problem with it, they can replace it with a white one

5. ubercool macrumors 6502a

ubercool

*Uses polishing cloth to furiously wipe fingerprints from black 16GB.*

No regrets! :eek:

6. Akira1980 macrumors 6502

Akira1980

I was going to get black, then I saw white in person. I walked out with white. It is awesome!

7. Sherb macrumors member

I got white.... and damn, it was the hardest decision i had to make all week. :p

8. FarSeide macrumors 6502a

FarSeide

I actually went back and returned my Black for White. I originally wanted the white anyway, they just didnt have it at launch day.

Anyone concerned about white getting dirtied, the material is the same as the Mighty Mouse and my mouse never gets dirty.

9. Sphyrna macrumors regular

Follwing what seems like the trend of this thread, I bought the black and after seeing new pics I'm starting to wish I had gotten the white. Although since I haven't seen it in person I can't say for sure.

10. Fabreze macrumors member

i flipped a coin while in line. Landed heads which meant White.

I don't think I would be as excited with black.

11. Nykwil macrumors 65816

Nykwil

Love the black...wanted it from the start.

The fingerprints dont bother me one bit.

I'm enjoying the front where all the juicy bits are, not the back. :D

12. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Black shows smudges. White shows dirt.

I simply liked the look of the black phone better, and I'm happy with my choice.

13. elbirth macrumors 65816

wow, more people liking white than I thought. I went in there thinking the white looked pretty dumb and was definitely going to get a black. then I saw someone come out of the store ahead of me with a white and felt even better about my decision. the white just didn't look good at all to me. I'm absolutely loving my black 16GB... so sleek and sexy.

I will add this, though. When I first picked up my black one the fingerprints stuck out like a sore thumb. but after you handle it for a bit, you only start seeing slight smudging which isn't noticeable at all from maybe a couple feet away, so it's not a big deal at all. I did see someone get the incase protective cover or whatever it's called (they got a black one for their white iphone, go figure). that looked pretty nice and seemed to have a pretty snug fit. part of me thinks I'd like a little bit of a more sure grip on the phone since it is pretty slick, so I may get one of those down the line (black of course)

14. levitynyc macrumors 65816

I really thought bout getting a white one, but seeing how scuffed my macbook gets I decided against it. The black is a fingerprint magnet though. The phone does feel a whole lot less slippery though compared to the original.

15. james948 macrumors 6502

How did you return it?
    Genius store or not?
    Did you have to queue again?

16. Denny Crane macrumors member

Denny Crane

I purchased the black 16GB, but the white one is gorgeous. I sorta wish I had bought the white one. The black one looks great too though.

17. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I have many pics in my sig of both the white and black to help you decide.

Personally, i use the black one.

People say white looks great now, but just wait until it starts getting dirty :D

18. meagain macrumors 68030

NICK! Wow on the pics. Thank you. Will be a bit tedious to click through the directory but bless you for that.

3 days later after buying a 16g Black... I still wonder. My husband still needs one so I thought I could change my mind, have him buy a white, and swap.

Black with a clear skin on it would look glossy & stunning 24/7 with no prints.
    White with a clear skin on it would attract dirt around the edges.

Black - sexy, stealthy, cool.
    White - cute, 'pretty', giant Chicklet

Both nice. I'm too anal to decide and can't with those stupid big tethered security things on them in the store.

19. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

hold on, ill fix that :)

20. meagain macrumors 68030

Nick - Your picks don't show the pop of the logo on the black. Nor the white writing which I felt stood out more than the black's rear writing/text.

Well - which one do YOU like after playing with both for a while?

21. ki2594 macrumors 6502a

i love my black iphone. I only got 8GB but if i were to get 16GB (if i needed it) i would have got black. I just like it better. I also have that sweet gel case from incipio and its great! feels great in the hand and also now it doesn't matter bout finger prints and stuff like that.

22. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Sorry, i had to take those at nigh because of the review i wrote. Ill get more up eventually.

Personally, i use the black. Black will always stay black, but white could fade over time and shows dirt. I also have mine in thise gel case that feels pretty awesome.

Overall, if you're a girl i'd get white. If you're a guy, i'd get black.

23. jaysonbank macrumors newbie

White just screams mug me, but yeah, you should get a case anyway so just take whatever they have in stock and don't look back.

24. spinstorm macrumors 65816

I have a black iPhone but the photos of white look amazing to me.

Much more unique and it looks cleaner and sleeker to me!

I will check out the white in person tomo at Apple and see what I think.

I put an invisible shield from the first iPhone on my 3G and although it keeps the back clean and protects it from scratches it has actually reduced how cool the phone's back looked "naked" it was so shiny and reflective and that is now gone with the invisible shield!

25. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

i want the white because it matches my mighty mouse and my macbook......but my wife wants a white one too.... i think i will take whatever the japanese softbank store has in stock first, as long as it is 16gb