Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calliex

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 16, 2018
Pittsburgh, Pa
My brother in law coming from the windows world ask me if he would need anti virus software for an iPad. My knee jerk reaction was No it is made by Apple. Then I did a google search and found 10 antivirus apps for iPad. I do use Sophos on my mac but do people use antivirus apps on iPad and if so which ones. I tried to search antivirus, virus ,etc on MacRumors and did not find anything.

mattguy10

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2010
My brother in law coming from the windows world ask me if he would need anti virus software for an iPad. My knee jerk reaction was No it is made by Apple. Then I did a google search and found 10 antivirus apps for iPad. I do use Sophos on my mac but do people use antivirus apps on iPad and if so which ones. I tried to search antivirus, virus ,etc on MacRumors and did not find anything.

Not necessary

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Adguard Not a fan of ads when using apps and esp the web. And Safarib supports extensions. Also, would be nice to use VPN.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Your work requires a serious course in modern IT introduction.
Tell me about it. Although compared to a lot of other financial institutions they are way ahead of the curve, allowing you to bring your own device and log in from any pc you like. My wife’s company makes her carry a laptop home if she needs to log in which is most days.

My company did ditch support for android though, so it’s ios or nothing heh.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.