Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zeeflyboy

macrumors regular
Apr 25, 2009
I would love to have the home screen have touch shortcuts for bluetooth/3g/wifi

something like hold the home button and draw a "b" with your finger to toggle bluetooth, a "3" for 3g and a "W" for wifi... oh and "a" for airplane mode would be good too.

I don't see why that couldn't work, and it'd be uber convenient!

Even the ability to assign your own similar such touch gesture shortcuts perhaps... one can dream.

jmmo20

macrumors 65816
Jun 15, 2006
A better shortcut to access power saving switches like bluetooth and 3G would be good.

the thing is that the perfect place for those things is the screen that appears when you press the power button, the slide to power off screen.

Slide to turn off options would be sooo good (and that's where they belong!!)

TheCheapGeek

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2008
The only thing I want is the ability for any application to be hidden, and possibly adding the ability to change the actual wallpaper. I feel that 4.0 will redesign the home screen / notifications.

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
The only thing I want is the ability for any application to be hidden, and possibly adding the ability to change the actual wallpaper. I feel that 4.0 will redesign the home screen / notifications.

Weren't we hoping for such things in 3.0?

I find the stock phone extremely boring.
My brand new 3Gs 32G with 38 hours of use is sitting in its box
I reverted bac to my 3G so I could jailbreak and make it my phone, not Steve Jobs phone

Goona

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Mar 11, 2009
Go check out the new Hero Sense UI. And talk about customization. Dayum!
Widgets are awesome, have different widgets (or icons) on different screens.
You don't have to launch "mail" to read your mail etc.

that's why I am waiting for hero to come out this year, instead of upgrading to 3GS. I need a change. Been using the same UI since '07. I am tired of looking at the same screen every day. :D

What will you do when that UI gets old?

DaGreat01

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2009
Atlanta, Georgia

something like hold the home button and draw a "b" with your finger to toggle bluetooth, a "3" for 3g and a "W" for wifi... oh and "a" for airplane mode would be good too.

Even the ability to assign your own similar such touch gesture shortcuts perhaps... one can dream.
the thing is that the perfect place for those things is the screen that appears when you press the power button, the slide to power off screen.

Both of these sound like REALLY good ideas and would make a good change to the next iPhone. To me, the iPhone is almost at its max for new features, but changes like this are small but also nice to have and are just little things that would make the next iPhone upgrade worthy.

freediro

macrumors member
i love the way the iphone is laid out and at this moment i am sure they have the philosophy of, "if it isn't broken don't fix it!"

Apple is most likely waiting for an overhaul of the iphones design and user interface, but they aren't going to release a completely new model until they have enough amazing additions to include.

^ to the person who mentioned making their own letter gestures on the initial screen i think is a fantastic idea!

vemulasri

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2008

I have waited long enough for apple to come with a solution. But, if you jailbreak you can install SBsettings and it is pretty cool on how you can turn on and turn off 3g, wifi etc. All you need to do is swipe across the menu bar on the top and bam you get a window to turn on and off your options. I really like it. Too bad i had to jail break for this but it was worth it.

ppilone

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2008
I think something like stacks would be great. You could have a folder "Games" and by pressing and holding the icon it would drop down a stack or grid of the apps in the folder.

I understand this interferes with the current way to move apps around - it's just an idea.

Eso

macrumors 68020
Aug 14, 2008
Where's the poll? And yes.

I would like to see better notifications, a true home screen with support for widgets, and application switching a la the Pre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.