Does apple ship thru UPS or Fedex

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nkkumi01, Sep 26, 2007.

1. nkkumi01 macrumors newbie

Cuz my idiot roommate works for UPS, and has alot of Pride!!!

2. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

Apple just sent me a new keyboard today. They shipped through DHL.

3. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

If you're in the US I believe they use FedEx, and solely FedEx. I can't speak for those outside the US though.

P.S. ivi7: was it a wired or wireless? We can't seem to get the wireless anywhere here in the States

4. jonnylink macrumors 6502

Nope. I have have things returned with DHL to Apple and I am pretty sure I live in the US. ;)

5. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

I must stand corrected then. I've only talked to around 7-8 people across the US, and they all said that FedEx delivered their Apple hardware, so shame on me for assuming it was true for the aggregate :mad:

6. ivi7 macrumors 6502a

ivi7

I meant a replacement keyboard for an ibook. And I am in the US as well :)

7. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

This under Shipping Options, unless it's changed. Seems I recall getting a Brown Truck delivery from Apple, though most have been with FedEx.

"As a service to our customers, Apple provides UPS ground shipping on every order at no additional charge. Orders shipped by UPS Ground Service generally arrive within 3-7 business days after shipping."

8. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

The Apple Store ships exclusively with FedEx and FedEx Ground in the United States. AppleCare uses DHL exclusively for service and support (parts and repairs).

9. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

Ah ha! I knew it was something like that :)

10. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Can you provide a link to that? I've looked at the Apple Store site on Shipping and it says the best "carriers" and a policy of a "required signature". Maybe that's exclusive to FedEx but there's no mention of FedEx. If you have a link that supports your statement, that would be good to know.

11. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

You won't find an official policy on Apple's Web site supporting my statement. I was told that by an Apple Store Supervisor, after trying to get my order switched to DHL. Apple, naturally, reserves the right to switch carriers per their shipping policy. However, in most (if not all) cases, FedEx is their exclusive carrier in the United States.

Just search for Fedex and Apple on Google.

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Maybe you didn't read my earlier post and link. That was the result of a search. The quote contradicts what you're saying.

13. jaw04005 macrumors 601

jaw04005

You can disagree with me all you want, but Apple uses FedEx. Your link is an outdated sales policy for the Higher Education store.

The latest sales policy is available at: http://store.apple.com/Catalog/US/Images/salespolicies.html.

The policy, conveniently, leaves out the carrier.

14. jepjepjep macrumors member

That's because UPS beats the living **** out of the packages they deliver!

15. MikeL macrumors 6502

The English language is such a beautiful thing until someone butchers it. "Most" and "exclusive" are mutually exclusive terms. If it is one of them, it can't be the other.

16. iOrlando macrumors 68000

17. gan6660 macrumors 65816

gan6660

Apple used to use DHL for eveyting but since DHL announced the cutouts of residential delivery apple has switched exclusivly to Fedex.

18. harodude macrumors regular

I have received about 20 packages from Apple via FedEx over the past 6 months. Some of these include new computers, repairs, and accessories. Also, every single package has been priority overnighted, so I really think that Apple must get a bulk discount...

About a year ago though, I know that Apple used DHL overnight for many repairs. Never have I seen UPS show up at my door with an Apple product!

19. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

I could be wrong, as this was many years ago, but I'm pretty sure when I preordered Tiger, it was delivered via UPS.

20. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

fartheststar

My macbook pro was delivered by UPS in Canada.
    My replacement iLife was delivered by Canada Post.

21. Griffter macrumors member

Griffter

Every single item I've brought through Apple (in the UK) has come through via UPS, be it engraved iPod, Macbook Pro or Mac Pro :)

22. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

My new Cinema display is coming via UPS, though most of the stuff I've received from Apple in the past has been through FedEx.

23. geoffreak macrumors 68020

geoffreak

My wireless keyboard arrived last week via USPS.