Does Apple take feedback submissions seriously?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by Paper Airplane, Mar 3, 2016.

1. Paper Airplane macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm sorry if this post is in the wrong forum, but I didn't know where to post it, and my experience does involve a Macbook Pro.

I want to keep this post as ambiguous as possible so that I don't call-out the specific Apple Store that someone and I had problems with.

The short of it is, someone and I had less-than-stellar experiences at a local Apple Store for a Macbook Pro service. I decided to complete and submit a detailed feedback on Apple's site: https://www.apple.com/retail/feedback/

So my question is, does Apple actually read and take store feedbacks seriously?

I know that I'm coming off as entitled with this, but it angers me when someone I care for has a bad experience.

As a side note: Even if Apple doesn't read the feedback, submitting it was a bit cathartic for me. Haha.

2. richwoodrocket macrumors 68020

richwoodrocket

I've never felt like sending feedback to Apple helps. I've sent in countless bug reports on beta iOS versions and the bugs are rarely fixed. I've stopped bothering to provide feedback now since I don't feel like it does anything.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Sometimes the lack of response can certainly lead people to think that they don't listen or care. Tbh, I have no idea. I've had some interactions with apple, and based on what I sent in, and them contacting me. I'd say they do.

4. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

5. Tech198 macrumors G4

Apple does read feedback and take it on board, but based on feedback they it may not be a priority to them..

eg a visual issue (icon messed up, windows etc or non technical issue) will be less priory than bugs reporting via feedback.

At least that's what Apple told me over the phone.

6. I7guy macrumors G5

Not sure about that type of feedback. However, if your friend thinks he/she deserved better, email tcook@apple.com describing the issue. Sometimes a bad experience is not really justified, sometimes it is.

7. laurim macrumors 68000

laurim

I submitted a bug I found in Motion on the Feedback page and wrote I had made a recording of the bug happening if they wanted it. Someone at Apple contacted me a few days later and asked for the movie. Other times, I called Support and had a few back and forths while they tried to identify the bug. At least one bug I found was fixed a couple months later and the most recent one I found I was told engineering had replicated my finding and were still investigating it. So, yes, they do look at the feedback and if it ends up a priority for them, they will contact you. I would imagine an issue with a ProApp would get more attention since the audience is more concentrated and the team wouldn't get nearly as many posts as the iPhone team, for example.

With regards to store feedback, I suppose Apple reads them but because there are so many unreasonable people in the world, I think it would take a bunch of similar major complaints for anything to be done.

8. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I'm not sure that will be helpful, unless its a specific issue regarding that store.

9. BillyMatt87 macrumors 6502a

In the retail stores, they'll tell you your feedback totally matters but ultimately I think they feel on deaf ears when you actually submit something.

Apple doesn't care about what its users think, that would mean Apple would have to admit it was wrong and made some mistakes and that's something they're generally too proud to do.

10. C DM macrumors Westmere

It's not like they ever did something they said they weren't going to do...like release larger sized phones...

11. baimiss macrumors newbie

baimiss

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

To what and from whom?