Does battery percentage have any effect on slower 3G data speeds??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Onthelo, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Onthelo macrumors regular

Onthelo

Hey guys any thought on 3G speeds being a tad slower when your battery percent is low.. ?? or does that have no affect on the devices performance? TIA ..

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

No, why would it?
    Geez, what's up with Verizon's data speeds?

3. Givmeabrek macrumors 68030

Givmeabrek

No effect at all. Electronic devices like the iPhone have internal power supplies that regulate the voltage as long as the battery is within a certain range. The phone will shut off if it gets too low. I think it's about a 2% charge.

4. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

The speeds are pathetic compared to AT&T's network

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I didn't expect the speeds to be so terrible though. I have yet to see a Verizon speed test over 1.5MB/s. Big turn off imo.

6. Onthelo thread starter macrumors regular

Onthelo

thanks guys just curious ... im seeing pretty consistant speeds (slow) but was just curious about the battery cause this thing drains during the work day usually starts off at 100% and gets down to about 50-60% by days end it at like 40% today cause I am using it every chance i can. Still love the iphone in general very classy phone although coming from a bb very different. I had the droid 2 for a few weeks so far iphone is my favorite one. I think both networks themselves have strong and weaker points but overall the iphone 4 with antenna issues and such are an apple problem not the carrier. For me since I have a nice discount through my corporate discount on verizon and for the past 4 years I have had unlimited data they have been good to me. I am happy we now have it on our network things will slowly work themselves out here in the next few weeks to months allot of new users on verizon who have never been on verizon, never used an iphone or ios platform, everyone running speedtest like a miliion times day and refreshing their browsers for ups/fedex/verizon/apple/at&t site.. it will be much nicer when the hype dies down a little and were getting excited for the next version like a 4.5 or 5.. and eventually LTE once that comes I will def. look into it contract or not.. :p Have fun everyone with your new ..(and old) iphone4's!

7. Bnunez_115 macrumors newbie

Bnunez_115

Yea well it is now yEars later. And I'm still asking the same question so what you have to say that to that. I have the iPhone 5 it is now 2015 and I am still experiencing the same problems

8. C DM macrumors Westmere

Verizon's CDMA 3G, which is EV-DO (even if Rev. A) is not as fast compared to the newer more recent GSM 3G, which is typically HSPA+.