Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
I am thinking about ordering from bhphoto and wondering if they usually get a good supply and ship fast. I want the stainless steel and they are closed for the weekend but I’m wondering if anyone has experience with them on launch ?

jaymc

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012
Port Orchard, WA
If they ship the new WATCHs like new cameras, then no. Just my experience. But I did order from B&H anyway cause I like the tax free and am in no rush to get my Series 4 - will update my Series 2 and be content with waiting. :)

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
I will likely be placing an order from them as well within the next couple days for a 44mm SB series 4. I'll then call a few apple stores around here a couple times a week if I don't get an estimated time from B&H within a few days of release. I will be ordering to save tax cost as well.

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
If they ship the new WATCHs like new cameras, then no. Just my experience. But I did order from B&H anyway cause I like the tax free and am in no rush to get my Series 4 - will update my Series 2 and be content with waiting. :)
They shipped my camera fast when every place else was sold out

jess222

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2010
CA
I ordered a 40mm space grey aluminum Nike band from them yesterday, no delivery date yet but I expected that going in.... Hope they ship around the same time as apple. I've bought all my watches from them to date but this is the first pre order. FYI, It says my order will be filled on a first come first serve basis

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I am thinking about ordering from bhphoto and wondering if they usually get a good supply and ship fast. I want the stainless steel and they are closed for the weekend but I’m wondering if anyone has experience with them on launch ?

Why can't you order now?

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
I wanna know when it’s coming before I order , also waiting to see if Best Buy’s shipping dates change as well

Ok I see. I thought about canceling my order with Verizon and order from BH to save the tax. It looks like they will at least ship on 9/21.

Last edited:

epicnemesis

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2008
My order status on a watch purchased Friday afternoon says “back ordered” no other detail. Saving 80 bucks on taxes is more important than launch week delivery so I don’t mind. I just wanted to let you all know so you don’t believe the “shipping on the 21st” verbiage that’s still on the site.

Vanilla35

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2013
Washington D.C.
My order status on a watch purchased Friday afternoon says “back ordered” no other detail. Saving 80 bucks on taxes is more important than launch week delivery so I don’t mind. I just wanted to let you all know so you don’t believe the “shipping on the 21st” verbiage that’s still on the site.

Same here, I don't mind if it takes an extra 1-2 weeks to save the money. Beyond 2 weeks I'd start to question the decision though. Anyone else actually gone through with a preorder from them before, with an Apple product? First come first serve to me means the 2nd batch after the initial stock; which I assume was sold out. But my expectations could be more conservative.

I wanna know when it’s coming before I order , also waiting to see if Best Buy’s shipping dates change as well

I would think that aside from launch day preorder, the quickest way to get one would be to hound the Apple stores, and Best buy in your area. Purchase online is now set to 3-4 weeks, so there may some that trickle into the stores that you could pick up if you act quick shortly after release.

enthawizeguy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
North Hollywood, CA
Which watch and from bh?

sportykid2332

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
I also emailed them and received the following:
"We expect to start shipping the orders [on 9/21], unfortunately we do not have more information at this point."
So not a ton of clarity..I guess we'll find out in a few days

Sixth Street

macrumors regular
Oct 7, 2007
I ordered the 40mm SS about 40 minutes after preorders opened. Showing backordered with no estimated date on the order status page. I'm really not in a hurry and the saved tax more than makes up for a few weeks.

squirrrl

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2013
San Diego, CA
I'm going to stop by the Apple store this weekend or on Friday just to check out the watch.... will likely order from B&H anyhow but the Nike that I want won't be shipping until October anyways so I'm fine waiting.

likegadgets

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2008
US
I ordered a SS Black 44mm watch from bhphoto. I paid for the 1 day delivery. $34.37
The order now says Processing, and they charged my CC the $34.37.
The AppleCare I also purchased now says "enrolled", but the watch says "backordered New Item - Coming Soon, Will begin shipping 2018-09-21".

I have one on order from Apple for Oct 2 delivery - but I will be out of town from the 26th on until late October and wanted it sooner. Will still try Apple Store / Best Buy on the 21st if I do not get confirmation B&H shipped.

sportykid2332

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2008
B and H is not shipping any till first week of October
Yeah it's pretty crappy that they said they would start shipping on 9/21 but it now seems unlikely. Also they are closed all of next week (Succos Holiday Closing) which brings us to the October ship date.

Tapiture

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2016
I just bought one. They say it’s first come first serve, starts shipping Friday. So, who knows. I’m not in any rush though. Just happy about the tax savings

Reactions: seattlecard
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.