Does Clover work on an unsupported iMac for installing 10.8?

Discussion in 'OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)' started by VictorVictor5, Feb 4, 2015.

1. VictorVictor5 macrumors member

Greetings,

For this post I am referencing an early 2006 iMac with a C2D. I'm currently using MLPF, but FaceTime and iMessage do not work. I've tried contacting Apple, and they were of no help.

I've tried the sudo nvram trick where you add your serial number and 6 random digits, that didn't help.

Someone on the MLPF thread said something about Clover being able to fix the issue. So I decided to start my on thread to get this going.

1.) Is there a guide to install Clover for 10.8 on an iMac?
    2.) How do you "undo" the sudo nvram trick?

Thanks!
    VV5

2. RV-ABZ macrumors 6502

Clover is a bootloader (a sophisticated one) for Hackintoshes. You don't need that on your Mac.

The iMessage issue is due to an Apple action to close a loophole in their system. Clover will not really help on that more than any other solution did in the past. You either need to call Apple to reactivate your Mac in their system or pretend it to be another one...

3. VictorVictor5 thread starter macrumors member

RV-ABZ,

Thanks for taking the time out to respond.

So if Clover is a no-go, and by calling Apple so many times I know the pattern of their hold music, how do you pretend it to be another one noob here!)? I mean they do have this S/N associated with the ICloud account it belongs with.

Also, is there any way to undo the nvram trick I tried that didn't work? It's mentioned here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1635984

Thanks!
    VV5

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Reboot and hold Cmd-Opt-P-R until the system has chimed twice. That'll reset nvram to default values (which will also affect volume, brightness, and a couple of other minor things).

5. VictorVictor5 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks Nermal - appreciate the response.

So, just to keep this thread alive, as RV-ABZ stated to pretend that my machine be another one. How is this accomplished?