Does Crysis work on Mac...

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by seymourbutts, May 17, 2010.

1. seymourbutts macrumors newbie

Hey, I've been using PC's for my whole life now. I've seen those mac commercials and that guy looked kinda cute so I got a macbook. Now I can play any game I want on a PC. I'm not to tech savy with macs and I've heard they can't run a lot of games. I want to buy Crysis. Does anyone know if it'll will work. thx ahead of time. ;)

2. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

It works only if you install Windows on your MacBook. Even then, you need a 1 year old or less MacBook with the latest graphics unit and EVEN then, it will be less than good.

3. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

My MBP played it in the teens to low 20's. I'm not sure about a Macbook. See my signature.

4. mixel macrumors 65816

mixel

Guys! That guy looked kinda cute? Seymourbutts? This *has* to be trolling. LOL.

95%+ of Laptops don't like Crysis much regardless, so it's not an Apple/mac issue. It will run under Windows but baaaadly.

5. crunchbox macrumors newbie

I've played Crysis through successfully on my MBP (see sig)... I had it on low-medium settings through XP and it looked fantastic and ran smoothly.

Sorry I didn't check frame-rates - I only do that if I'm troubleshooting and I had no trouble...

I'm even considering installing it again in Windows 7 just to run the newly found (for me) Mech Warriors mod. If anyone is playing this already on a mac machine let me know how it performs compared to straight Crysis.:D

6. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

7. cathyy macrumors 6502a

Heh. It already runs poorly on most windows computers, and you want to try running it in OpenGL?

8. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Not on OSX but it can run on Bootcamp with the right graphics card. Contrary to popular belief it doesn't need a super computer anymore. I built a desktop PC last year for £400 (minus monitor) and I played through Crysis on medium-high settings and Warhead on high.
    It is a 3 year old game after all.

Although it wouldn't surprise me to see Crysis 2 on OSX. The Crytek Engine 3 has been adapted to work on consoles including the Playstation 3, which means there is an OpenGL version of the CE3 engine flying about.