Does iPad3 crash browsing web much?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MattSeven, Apr 17, 2012.

1. MattSeven macrumors member

I have the iPad1, and often webpages will cause Safari to crash and I have to reopen. I've done everything I know to do about this and chalk it up to quirky Safari, inadequate processor, or both.

Is iPad3 any better?

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

No issues at all....But I didn't have any with the 1 or the 2 either....Have you tried restoring the device?

The 3 is a huge leap from the 1, and once you see the screen you are going to want one...Smooth as silk in browsing.

3. mulo macrumors 68020

mulo

4. jacob-07 macrumors regular

I've experienced that very thing with my first gen iPad, was very annoying. I believe I had safari crash only couple of times since using my new iPad (since launch) but nothing compared to my first gen.

5. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

IPad 3 100x better at browsing than 1. I still use my iPad 1 and going to retire it from the internet.

6. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Going from a 1, to a 2, then to the 3, I would put most of the blame on Safari crashes on a lack of RAM. Using the same iOS version on both the 1 and 3, the same page would choke on the 1 and load fine on the 3. Though this is mostly anedoctal, I believe others have had a similar experience. I'll add that going from a single to a dual core also helps Safari performance.

Additionally, 1GB RAM makes for a much nicer multitasking experience. It swaps apps without reloading more often - and results in smoother app switching. On the performance side, the CPU does run at a higher clock rate [than the 1], not to mention a higher performance GPU (aside from there being four of them).

And don't get me started on the 3's display :D

7. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

Exactly. The RAM. From day 1 most of us complained of how stupid it was to only put 256mb of RAM in a device made in 2010 that boasted to be a Internet beast.