Does iPhone 8 have camera shutter problem?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DBZmusicboy01, Oct 14, 2017.

1. DBZmusicboy01 macrumors 6502a

Is it a software problem ?
    My iPhone 7 have problems and it seems as if it’s exposing the brightness randomly back and forth.

2. akash.nu macrumors 604

akash.nu

Didn’t notice anything like that on my 8 Plus . Most definitely a software issue if you see it on your device.

3. macfacts macrumors 68040

macfacts

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

My cameras on both the 7+ and 8+ have had no problems and I use the camera extensively on a daily basis.

5. apolloa macrumors G4

When shooting video the 7 Olus will judder when changing exposure when it’s moved from light to dark and back etc. Lots of videos on You Tube about it. No idea if it’s a software issue but it’s still not fixed so I guess not?

6. Relentless Power macrumors Penryn

Relentless Power

It Doesn't seem to be a pertinent issue, at least discussed on here. Seems most are content with the camera on the iPhone 8.

7. iSayBoourns Suspended

iSayBoourns

That issue is better on an 8/8+ but not fully eliminated. (EverythingApplePro tested it)

8. apolloa macrumors G4

And that’s the exact person I was thinking off when making my post haha. It seems to be a hardware issue from his tests. Let’s hope the X isn’t as bad, it certainly looks rubbish on a device costing 1000 pounds or dollars! Especially when cheaper competition devices and older iPhones don’t have the issue.