Does iPhone Applecare+ cover dare devils?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by G.McGilli, Apr 13, 2016.

1. G.McGilli macrumors regular

I'm considering AC+ for my SE since, when thinking about it - I do a lot of things, that put my phone in harms way. In the past I've always just bought a new device at full price. But time are tougher right now. More $ for phones mean less $ for other activities.

When I look through the fine print on AC+ web site, it basically says that you may be denied 'accidental' coverage if you are doing something that puts your phone in danger.

So. For those who are in the know - [before I go into Apple store and talk about it] - would AC+ give me a repair, or replacement in these situations? [i know I have to pay a fee]

1. Filming cliff jumpers with slo mo and phone falls into the lake and is recovered dead.

2. Running across the street to catch the bus, the phone falls out of my pocket onto the road and gets run over by cars.

3. Up on high rocky embankment taking photos of mountain bike daredevils I get hit and phone drops and smashes onto rocks below.

4. Using slow motion video while falling from the sky before opening parachute and when i do open it the phone falls out of my hand from about 10,000 feet. And it is found (unlikely:), smashed.

5. Phone mounted onto front of bike (pedal or motor) to film race and accident ensues and phone is trashed.

6. descending a mountain road on my bike at close to 90kmh/55mph and hit a bump and phone ends up sliding down a pavement road for a few minutes until it's just scratched metal and glass.

7. While cycling, a sudden downpour soaks me and my phone killing it.

8. I'm at a pool party filming the fun stuff when, as a joke someone pushes me into the pool, killing my phone.

9. After packing my car, i forget my phone on the roof and drive away, it falls to the ground getting dented and shattered.

10.When tending a large camp fire my phone is thrown into it by a jealous ex girlfriend, burning it beyond use.

I'm sure there are more, but you get the idea....

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Providing it's not in small bits, blended or melted your covered. I've seen apple care cover a phone that's been dropped out a car window at 70mph and run over several times. It's good!!

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

They will only know what you tell them. Just say the damn thing broke doing something normal. You're not gonna tell the insurance company you were taking the chicane at 100mph when you hit the guardrail are you? No you're gonna tell them there was a deer or something lol. I swear, people offer way to much info, usually more than requested or than they should.

4. willmtaylor Suspended

willmtaylor

1. I dropped it
    2. I dropped it.
    3. I dropped it.
    4. I dropped it.
    5. I dropped it.
    6. I dropped it.
    7. I dropped it.
    8. I dropped it into pool.
    9. I dropped it.
    10. I dropped it into the fire.
    That's it. It's truthful, and it's all they need to know.

5. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

This.

Also, this may be of interest - I think it still applies:

1. What type of damages are not covered by my warranty?
      Apple's Limited Warranty for iPhone excludes coverage for damage resulting from accident, disassembly, unauthorized service and unauthorized modifications. Please review the warranty for further details.

An iPhone that is ineligible for warranty service may be eligible for Out-of-Warranty (OOW) Service. For example, an iPhone that has failed due to damage or liquid damage is ineligible for warranty service but eligible for OOW service. However, certain damage is ineligible for OOW service, including catastrophic damage, such as the device separating into multiple pieces, and inoperability caused by unauthorized modifications. Please see Apple's Repair Terms And Conditions for further details. Refer to this article to check if the Liquid Contact indicator on your product has been triggered.

If you are not eligible for warranty service, you may wish to contact your carrier for other options.

6. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

This would not apply since the thread starter was asking about AppleCare+ which is in addition to the warranty. :cool::eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O

Dave

7. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

8. electronicsguy macrumors 6502a

electronicsguy

sure... you're free to even put it under a tank, crush it and apple will cover all costs. Just like you know - if you use a car for crashing, doesn't Ford pay you all the costs? Or if you take your bike and jump off a cliff, I'm sure Harley Davidson will just send you a replacement.